Slow page loading on internet

Discussion in 'Networks' started by Raffaz, Sep 5, 2006.

1. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Nice will have to take a look at that. Cheers

Mick

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  2. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Yep

Just like ADSL...

All broadband providers have a contention-based access system. In reality, whilst cable companies' contention rates are generally higher than ADSL lines, they have a much better infrastructure and are thus able to push more users down a similarly-priced pipe.

I guarantee you'd get a better service, it'd be more reliable, and faster too.

It costs me 34 quid a month for the 10Mb line, but you can get a 4Mb line for about £22 I believe - there's also a 2Mb service at about £15

As for the RAS thing with AOL - well, the mind boggles. What on Earth did they tell you to do with RRAS? Let me know - I'm intrigued. I've heard of first-line support sending people on wild goose chases before, but that has to take the biscuit!

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  3. Raffaz

They told me that the RRAS needed rebuilding and to contact my computer vendor for instructions lol

Mick

4. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

I've said it on other threads, but I will second Boyce's recommendation of Demon (although they can't upgrade my service to 8 mbs until December:( ). But, as far as I can tell, it's genuniely uncapped (not "uncapped until you start to download more than 30 GB per month, then we'll disconnect you" like some ISPs) and there's no traffic shaping either. Reliable service too.

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  5. Raffaz

I probably download more than 30Gb every month so what would happen there then? Do ya get cut off or do they limit ya speed or something?

6. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

I don't know, who you with? I would imagine you might get a warning letter first.

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  7. Raffaz

im with AOL at the moment and it is uncapped, but if i change i wanna make sure im not gonna be capped at a certain limit.

Mick