SLI????

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by elli5on, Nov 1, 2006.

1. elli5on

elli5on Kilobyte Poster

Ok folks its been a while since i posted on this site properly. Basic question for some of you when you read this im sure......

Im in the middle of a new PC build(yet again), Upgraded to socket AM2 5000+ Dual Core CPU, 2GB ddr2 800MHz RAM, 700 watt PSU.

I currently have one Nvidia 7900GTX 512 installed, I have not yet got an OS to test this baby out. What i want to do is purchase another 7900GTX first and run the thing in SLI mode. Now i know you first of all have to put the little chip across the top of the 2 Chips to combine the 2.
    Mine is more of a Software issue, am i best to just run one GPU first of all install drivers etc etc..... Then install the second GPU??
    And also, when i install the 2nd GPU do i need to install any type of drivers apart from the one which will obviously already be installed??

Cheers Guys, Sorry if its a bore

Craig :biggrin

Certifications: A+ N+
    WIP: Thinking of MCDST
  2. MrNice

MrNice Kilobyte Poster

Hi,
    On my mobo I just installed the two cards at same time, then I have a rom chip I plug into mobo that enables SLI. Install the software that came with the card and it automatically detects SLI mode and gives you details on both cards and load balncing etc.

If i switch to solo mode the ATI software alters slightly and you dont see the functions with the second card.