Skyrim

Discussion in 'Gamers Hangout' started by Kitkatninja, Oct 24, 2011.

1. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Why not all of them?

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  2. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Arro, have you completed all quests and side quests, or just the main dragon one? I'm a level 46 heavy armour mage with a natty choice in weapons, and I am still finding new places and new quests. Mind you, the strategy guide helps when I am stuck... like it did with the mad guy (Pelagius) quest last night.

I find it's a lot of fun just travelling round on my horse with my wife/follower in tow, finding and exploring new places, or going through older places... it's amazing how much I have missed (chests, doors, even dragon walls in the early part of the game).

Oh... and Dark Brotherhood is a great set of quests. :)

As an aside, I've got 100 smithing, heavy armour, one-handed and I am close to that with a few other skills.

Once I've completed the game as my current guy, I intend to look at another race and fighting type.

3. jamesclimax

jamesclimax Nibble Poster

I've just got this on XBox 360 - only just started it, but has anyone else found the 360 version to be really buggy?

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, MCTS
    WIP: MCTS 70-659, Oracle, SQL, ITIL
  4. GiddyG

Been playing it on Xbox 360 for a couple of months now, and no bugs as such. The only issue I have seen is lack of ability to remove some quest items from what I am carrying. Also, if I've raided (for example) a dungeon and taken a quest item before I get the quest, this then means I have not been able to complete that quest. Pantea's flute is one such example.

Other than that, it's great.

5. TechTock

TechTock Byte Poster

The PC version is pretty good apart from the rubbish interface that was obviously designed with consoles in mind. Shame they couldn't be bothered to design a good PC interface.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician | PRINCE2 Foundation | VCP5
    WIP: Having a rest :-)
  6. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Well, I'm now level 51.5 :) half a level to get to 52, just now tidying up all the misc quests. However I have now lost the horse from the Dark Brotherhood (nightmare?). Even if I fast travel the horse doesn't appear, could be some bug???

@Arroryn, I did enjoy Rage, imo it's a good game :)

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  7. GiddyG

Same here as regards levels. About to start the quest for the last dragon priest mask, and then I will get the gold one. :)

The horse is Shadowmire. He is a bit of a bruiser. He may have gone into battle and died. If you go to Whiterun Stables, does he appear there? That's the easiest place to see him, if he is still around.

8. jamesclimax

Well, right at the beginning, when you are on the cart / carriage - we get to the village and the cart just gets stuck against a wall, no dialogue, nothing, and it's stuck there. You can't do anything, and the game doesn't progress to the character selection part.

So after 5 reboots, I finally get to get off the carriage, choose my character, the dragon comes, etc. However, after playing for about 30 mins, i've no lost all dialogue again! All this is after the update as well. It's an impressive looking game, but these bugs are very annoying.

9. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

was playing on my dads Xbox copy over the Christmas break and the only bugs I saw were shadows that weren't rendered properly. Have you installed the game?

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  10. jamesclimax

no i've not installed it, playing it from disk

11. Kitkatninja

Now I know that alot of you have been losing sleep once I said that I lost Shadowmere, but worry not, I have found him :)

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    GiddyG likes this.
  12. GiddyG

Where did you find him then?

13. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

The same place everyone finds everything. Down the back of the wardrobe in Breezehome.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
    GiddyG likes this.
  14. Kitkatninja

I had to go over the last quest I did (at the time - which was The Gaulders Amulet) and do detect life, found him further down the hill outside one of the cave you have to enter.

Apart from that, now level 52.5. My quest list is getting shorter and shorter now...

15. GiddyG

Have you tried enetering some of the caves and dungeons you've found but not gone into yet? In a few I have found people (or spirits) who ask me to help them.

Oh, and I completed the dragon mask quest the other night. Got my new gold mask with tusks... I don't wear it into battle, but it looks pretty cool. 8)