Skillstrain

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by pinkfluff, Jul 9, 2007.

1. pinkfluff

pinkfluff Bit Poster

Anyone training with them? Good experiences, bad experiences?
    :)

Approved (Zimbo)

Certifications: -
    WIP: CIW
  2. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Im not with them, but i am using a provider called advent. Theres tons of info about skillstrain, take a look at this linky:)
    http://www.certforums.com/forums/search.php?searchid=171576

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  3. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Have a mooch through the search list Raff gave you, to get a good overall view.

The general 'ness' of Skillstrain seems to depend on the course you take with them.

I have heard numerous bad things about the CIW course, its dated content and silly restrictions on when you can take your exams. I however am doing their CiscoPro course, and am not having any real problems whatsoever.

The one thing you have to keep in mind though, is why are you looking at Skillstrain? If you have a little IT experience and the wherewithall to give it a go, most people on this site advocate self studying - buy the books, get an old PC and go for it. We have many members who have suceeded on this 'tried and tested' method, and it's usually phenomenally cheaper, too.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  4. pinkfluff

pinkfluff Bit Poster

Thanks for the help! I'm doing the CIW with skillstrain and I think its excellent! I haven't had any problems whatsoever. I'm a happy larry :)

Certifications: -
    WIP: CIW
  5. Colin1

Colin1 Byte Poster

Hy there pinkfluff hope your ok ! Yep I could not agree more, as I have taken the TP route and i am now self studying and I find the latter to be more enjoyable and a few quid cheaper. I completed my CIW foundations with scheidegger training and I did not have any real problems as such, just a bit boring :dry

But it depends on what you want I suppose, just take your time and have a look at all the options that are open to you and go for it. Good luck by the way with your studies :biggrin

C :D

Certifications: Cisco IT Essentials,
    WIP: IT degree, CIW (Web), A+, N+