Skillstrain YES or NO

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Belgarion, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Belgarion

Belgarion New Member

Hello everybody. I am a brand new member :D First of all, excuse my english, i am from Slovakia and i am living in Belfast now. I had here one guy from skillstrain. It was quite interesting for me. I reached master's degree in finance, banking and investment, but...I am looking to work within the ebusiness. I found on the skillstrain web site one course, whih might be exactly what i want to do. It was e-commerce/project management. What i want to ask...It is good idea to take this course? I read a lot of threads about skillstrain, but it is worth it? I mean, if they dont find me a job, i underdtand that, i will find it myself. I want to know if the courses are good, i mean good level of knowledge and the same tutors...Does anyone know, if they are professional? The salesman told me so...Please if there is someone, who did course with them....write me as soon as possible...Thank you very much

2. Lord Deckard

Lord Deckard Byte Poster

Only you can decide if they are worth it.

What course are you looking at? How much have they quoted you? If you want someone to supply all your materials and have online tutors available to discuss things with, they are quite good. I've found the coursework good and the 1 time I've emailed my tutor I got a quick and accurate response. If you're self motivated, self study may be a better (and cheaper!) option.
    Take a look at the pinned self study guides by Zimbo at the top of the forum.
    At the end of the day, only you can decide. You pays your money, you takes your choice!

Certifications: A+, MCDST
    WIP: N+ and CCNA
  3. Belgarion

Belgarion New Member

Well you are right, its my money. But i want to know if it is a cheat or something like that...I am interested in that course and will be good for me to take this course, i just want to know if its save, you know...Anyway, u did some training with them?

4. Weemez

Weemez Kilobyte Poster

I've beem with Skillstrain for over a year now. In that time i've become A+ certified, on my way to being N+ certified then going on to CCNA.

I have read many a dissapointing review about them but i think you get that with any company no matter who they are.

I honestly have to say that i have found them true to their word so far so no complaints from me.

The only thing i would say is the cost, i know its a lot and it can be done cheaper but it depends on what your needs are. I need to be doing it this way to encourage me to meet deadlines and being an absolute beginner at the start it helps the confidence to know there are tutors there to help you along and they have done this for me.

I can only speak of my own experience and needs, as i say there has been a couple of dissapointed customers but to be honest after reading some of the threads i don't think some of them really knew what they were taking on.

Whatever you do all the best!:biggrin

Certifications: HNC Computing A+ N+ ICND1
    WIP: ICND2
  5. JazzyJay

JazzyJay Bit Poster

Very sorry to hear about your experience with this company

Hope things work out for you...

Certifications: CompTIA A+, OCR Level 2
    WIP: Network+, 70-270
  6. G1BB0

G1BB0 Nibble Poster

I am with skillstrain and so far so good, the cost is cheaper than a lot of others but only time will tell

if you have the ability to do self study and stick at it then do that imho as its a lot cheaper. I went with them after seeing computeach and skillstrain and felt there was less pressure and less bs from the guy that turned up at my house. I knew that if I was paying for it then I would put more effort in and dedicate more time as I can get a bit lazy and sidetracked easily. Horses for courses.

good luck in whatever you decide

WIP: N+ & CCNA