Skills Train / Scheidegger / Skills4more.co.uk

Discussion in 'A+' started by The_Dark_Side, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Cockles

Cockles Megabyte Poster

Is there a smiley icon for an opened can of worms at all?

Certifications: None
    WIP: Trying to find my car keys
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Because they are illegal and they devalue certifications and make it harder for people to get Jobs. Thats why.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Heart attacks is the wrong phrase. Self preservation is closer to the mark.

I'm only on my Blackberry, so I'll pick out the choicier words related to braindumps and we'll see what other responses come along...

Devaluates the industry
    You can be decertified
    Breaks the NDA - illegal
    Immoral
    Allows untrained morons think they can do a job in IT - further encouraging their equally unskilled friends to go down a similair route

Okay, they were sentences, not just words... I tend to get carried away.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  4. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

That's true, and I think it's the only reason why MS do it - it's just another thing to add the Microsoft name to.
    I find MS learning to be cumbersome and clunky and MS training is wrapped up in red tape.

Considering that they should have the inside track on training their own products it feels all rather disjointed.

I had a row with the regional service centre last year when my 70-270 e-learning course vanished and got told that 70-270 was no longer available in Europe. Mad.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  5. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

I thought I would be less eloquent :)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  6. Unemployed Diogenes

Unemployed Diogenes Nibble Poster

:rolleyes:
    Bruce Lee was on roids also in his best times..

J/K

Certifications: A+, Bachelor IT
    WIP: CCNA
  7. greenbrucelee

No he wasn't don't know where you read that crap the only time Bruce had to take steroids was when he injured his back but he never took performance enhancing roids.

However Bruce did take marajuna but not in the normal sense,because he was always being challenged to fights by Yakuza and Triads and other people, he used to chew ganja leaves to calm his nerves, he also resorted to carrying a gun in his car.

Second off all how would you feel if someone got job you had applied for then you found out that they had used braindumps?

8. Unemployed Diogenes

Ganja leaves are illegal :twisted:
    lol Yakuza or not...

no, but in Belgium it's different, such certificates are nothing worth here. Bosses give braindumps before they someone to the exam and things like that.

I just study the certificates for the knowledge, not the cert. but when i gonna do an exam i also don't want to pay twice.

9. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Complete waste of time taking the exams then...

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  10. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Well, Unemployed, as you're 'looking for a better paid job', maybe you'd like to braindump your way to a few certificates to get it? After all - it can't do any harm can it? Well guess what - it CAN do harm, DOES do harm and people with your attitude will ensure that it CONTINUES to do harm.

When you have had to work with some of the imbeciles (I say work with, what I mean is do the work for) I have over the years - many of them with MCSEs - you will understand just why braindumps are the scourge of this industry and that, whilst they exist, the IT profession will never be taken seriously as a profession (like Engineering, Medicine, Law etc are).

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  11. Unemployed Diogenes

not completely waste time for the company's.

company's with Microsoft-partnership needs often a minimal number of MS-certificated people. But it's not for more than that reason. I don't believe this is only in Belgium, sorry..

12. Sparky

For crying out loud, a company wants to be a Microsoft partner yet gives its staff BDs to pass MS exams.

<sigh> :rolleyes:

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
  13. Unemployed Diogenes

of course, they don't care, it's hard business. years ago i've worked a few weeks for a little microsoftpartnercompany which gave me a cd-rom with testking and a ms-pressbook 70-270 and booked the exam 4 weeks later. But i didn't stay there long (it was back in 2003).

welcome in Belgium !! the country where everything is possible.

14. greenbrucelee

I had to work with a guy who braindumped, he had the MCSE and he didn't even know what a Vlan was, the stupid nob even left the backup tapes in the corridor where the cleaners duly chucked them in the skip.

That is one reason braindumps are bad.

15. Sparky

...except passing an exam without using BDs. :tongue

16. Unemployed Diogenes

i full agree with you that it's stupid.

17. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

I was an MS Partner and I'm sure in the UK if there was any suggestion of giving staff barindumps they would have removed my firm from the Partner program.

I always bought and supplied my staff with the appropriate MS Press self study books.

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  18. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Actually, with this, you are quite mistaken. It costs them a GREAT deal to create exams. I should know; I create them for a living, and I'll be frank: I don't come cheap. Further, it takes time to create them, and there are a limited number of people who do this sort of thing for a living. Truth be told, not many people can do it *well*. If Microsoft were to revamp EVERY one of there 150+ exams EVERY year... the costs would be prohibitive (*if* they could even find enough people qualified to create them).

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  19. BosonMichael

Yeeeeeah... there's one major problem with that: Microsoft and Cisco and CompTIA's opinion is that if you use braindumps, you will be decertified. Your opinion and my opinion on the matter are irrelevant.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  20. BosonMichael

Microsoft Press authors do not have the inside track on their own certifications. In truth, they cannot; I believe it has to do with some sort of ISO compliance standard that Microsoft must maintain...