Skills Train, Scheidegger Please Help

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by matt900900, Nov 2, 2005.

1. matt900900

matt900900 New Member

Where to start, okay first of all I have just signed up for A+,N+,CCNA and CCNP with Skills Train.

I have been worried after reading a booklet that I got supplied with the starting materials not really mentioning whether or not that you get the relevant qualifications ie CompTIA or Cisco.

I phoned the companys help desk and the first person I spoke to said that was right, I decided to phone again to check with a different advisor, this one rubbished the first advisors information saying that I once I have completed all the modules at the end they will put you forward for the relevant exams with the bodies.

This conflicting information now has me worried in that
    a)Am I going to get the relevant certificates(If I pass the exams)
    b)Am I wasting my hard earned money.

The reason for this thread was that I was actually looking for a Scheidegger web site that one of its booklets was talking about when I came across a few different forum sites where its members where how can I put it 'Not exactly praising Skills Train'.

So if there are any genuine Skills Train students that can advise me on whether I should stay or go. Are you happy with the course? Similar are there people that have had bad experiences with the Named Company.

Phew........

:thumbleft :thumbdwn

WIP: A+, N+, CCNA, CCNP
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Welcome to CF! :biggrin

I've never used this company before, but I know of others who have, and I'm sure they'll be along shortly to give their views.

In the mean time take a look round this forum to see if you can find some answers that have already been posted. Oh, and pop up to introduce yourself properly in the New Members Forum.

8)

3. dee1810

dee1810 Byte Poster

Oh, mate!

Let me introduce myself - I'm Dawn, and I've been with Scheidegger since 2003 (August). Please fire away with absolutely any questions that you like - I'll do my very best to help you. In fact, If you have got quite a long list (believe me, I had alot of "worries") maybe, You had better use a Messenger service.
    I am studying here and now, but any questions you have I'm sure that we will be able to answer them all. :D

Certifications: Foundations, Site Designer & JavaScript
    WIP: Server Admin, and Perl
  4. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Do Scheidegger target people with that name :blink

I'm also with Scheidegger, studying the A+, on the same course route as you. Feel free to email me on [email protected] for a lengthy conflab on the topic. I've had previous concerns, but I'm quite happy with my course at the moment.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  5. dee1810

dee1810 Byte Poster

Please - what name?

Dawn

Certifications: Foundations, Site Designer & JavaScript
    WIP: Server Admin, and Perl
  6. Arroryn

Yeah, my name's Dawn as well. Been with Scheidegger since April.

7. jedi-knight

jedi-knight Bit Poster

I too was white as a sheep when I read the bad reviews about scheidegger, so I rang them asked them to cancel my enrolment as the bad reviews I had read were scaring me, also the sales man said gave me his number asked if there were any concerns about the course to phone him, every time I rang he cancled the call and turned the phone off.

They wanted to know why I wanted to cancel, so I explained that I had read some bad reviews online that really worried me, I asked them are the exams included, she doubled checked with a co-worker but said yes, they told me I would pay for the exams and then get reimbursed by scheidegger, now I asked to get this in writing, but they could not offer it, I quesitioned about prices for the exams, they told me to visit comptia website. They even asked me to print of the bad reviews.

Problem is that I cant find answers from anyone/students who can confirm scheidegger do cover all exams fees, as I now have 2 choices, complete the A+ see if the exams are covered, if not I could cancel the course, loose £700 of monthly payments, or just think f*** it so I'll just pay for my exams.

can anyone here confirm that they were reimburesed by scheidegger for all exam fees ?

I too was told by the salesman that I could only sign up that day, I feel like a right tit.

Certifications: dim o gwbwl
    WIP: A+
  8. Arroryn

I was not told at any point that Scheidegger would either pay for or reimburse the Comptia or Cisco exams. The exam that most people assume is the Cert exam - which is not made clear by the Sales Advisors (or so it seems, poo poo to them), is that the 'free' exams you get are the inhouse Skillstrain/Scheidegger exams. Upon passing these, you are 'allowed' to take the Comptia exams.

If you have been on the course for longer than 6 days, you won't be able to cancel. If you're paying for it, I'd say you might as well see what they have to offer; if you stop the course, you'll end up paying for the exams yourself anyway.

9. Street

Street New Member

Looks like i've been had by Scheidegger as well... I signed up with them to do the A+ N+ and MSCA, costing me £3000! I assumed the exams the salesman mentioned that were included were the proper exams.. not some Scheidegger ones that are worthless.

I wish I had done it by self study, would have saved me pretty much all of that money!

10. darrenecm

darrenecm Bit Poster

This whole confusion of introducing two definitions of 'exams' is a well-known sales 'obfuscation' tactic. I fail to see how anyone speaking to a Scheidegger / Skillstrain salesperson about their interest in spending lots of money on their courses would be speaking of anything other than the "real" examinations. The ones that get you the jobs and salaries these training companies brag about getting you in their sales pitch - ie the CompTIA or CCNA exams. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt however and continuing with the course while in the meantime trying to get these points cleared up once and for all.

I'm also totally convinced that these questions about examination confusion have been raised with Schiedegger / Skillstrain in the past and yet their salespeople and the course documents STILL fail to clearly point out that when they speak of the 'examination' they are talking about their own internal exam (worthless within the industry). I repeat, this subtle ploy is called obfuscation. It seems to me a deliberate failure to be honest and upfront about what exams they are talking about when they are clearly aware of this confusion and can only do damage to company integrity if not dealt with.

WIP: A+, N+