Skills Train CIW Web Design Management?!

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by LAD, Dec 14, 2005.

1. LAD

LAD New Member

Hi everyone, I've just had a visit from an advisor (aka salesman) from Skills Train. They have offered me a course CIW Web Design Management which takes approx 9 months to complete (home study) with an exam at the end. It's going to cost me 2500K @ 70 per month over the next three years. This sounds a bit heavy to me, but then again you sometimes get what you pay for. I'm new to the web business and want to get a good head start. Does anyone know anything more about this course as the advisor was a little vague and was not able to answer one or two of my questions (which he carefully sidestepped). Any help /advice would be appreciated. Cheers, LAD.

2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

I know that there's a few people here that are doing the same course with Skills Train.

I'm sure they'll be along shortly to offer advice.

In the mean time why not take a look around the relevant forums to see if you can find the answers you are looking for.

8)

3. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Hi LAD, and welcome to Certforums.

Although I am not doing the CIW course, I am with Skillstrain (Scheidegger). I am finding my course to be helpful, and I am confident that I will eventually pass; however, the courses are expensive, and I am using a pool of several resources to get the 'big picture' as it were.

What is your background in Web Design? If you have experience and some knowledge, then I would recommend the self study route instead of an expensive training provider, especially if you already have the software. Were any registered products included as part of the course fees? If not, the price is grossly over-inflated.

There are a range of good books at Amazon , and there should be some experienced bods here at Certforums.

Whichever you choose, good luck with your studies. :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  4. LAD

LAD New Member

Cheers. Got a small amount of knowledge already but not heaps. The advisor informs me that 800 worth of software is included. What's actually in the course I don't know yet. Thanks for the advise about looking around. I'll do that. In the meantime, if anyone can shed any light, please do so. I'll also keep everyone upto date with my experiences, as this is obviously a hot topic at the moment.

5. Nailbomb

Nailbomb Bit Poster

hey Lad,

i've been studying the ciw web design manger course for the past four months and i'm finding it to be really good.

At the end of the day however i can't really give you advice, i'm afraid that's your desicion check this out though:

http://www.ciwcertified.com/

you can get loads of useful info right there, also there are some good links in the ciw section of the forums, good luck pal.

Certifications: none yet :-{
    WIP: C.I.W. website design manager