Simulations for 70-620

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by noel123ie, Jan 23, 2009.

1. noel123ie

noel123ie Nibble Poster

Hi there

Just wondering re SIMS in 70-620 exam can ye please clarify

1 Does the search feature work in the exam is the emultator used just like the real thing
    2 If you make a mistake ie click on wrong link I presume you cna go back or do you have to start over
    3 What do i need to bring can I bring pen and paper . Im guessing all I need is my booking number

Thanks
    Noel

Certifications: MCSA Sec+
  2. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Hi Noel,

In relation to your first question, the emulators are meant to be like the real thing. However, not all aspects are available to use.

You are able to start over on any of the simulations.

You are not allowed to take anything into the exam, you will be given a sheet of plastic and a pen to write on it.

Hope that helps.

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  3. noel123ie

noel123ie Nibble Poster

Great thanks does the search option work ie can you search for say parental controls or do you have to navigate to it?

Thanks for the info very useful
    Noel

4. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

As I said Noel, some features work and some do not work in the SIMS.

My recommendation would be to know how to do things the normal mouse clicking way to find stuff :D

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  5. noel123ie

noel123ie Nibble Poster

Hi there

Thanks but to get to the Local Security Policy its advised on most sites to use secpol.msc. Just wondering what I can use if this has to be entered in start- search box

Thanks
    Noel

6. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Noel,

If you have a question to that effect then, you would be supplied the tools to be able to obtain the answer.

Anything else and I would be breaking the NDA.

As long as you have put the work in to learn the subject, you will be fine!