Simulation questions...

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Makaveli, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Makaveli

Makaveli Byte Poster

When completing simulation questions in exams why does it sometimes prompt you to click done and sometimes you dont receive any prompt. It seems strange, when you get the prompt it seems like the exam is confirming you have completed the question and when you dont its like you havent even though I know I have. Anyone got any views on this... :blink

2. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

:blink

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  3. Makaveli

Makaveli Byte Poster

Did I not explain it very clearly... :cry:

4. BITEK

BITEK Bit Poster

I think including The Name of the Software would help us to start :D

Certifications: BTEC Diploma in IT, Comptia A+, 70-687, 70-410, 70-411, 70-412
  5. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I suppose it could depend on the type of question.

Usual convention is to provide an answer and then click on something like 'next' to go to the next question.
    However, if the question was a simulation or configuration exercise that took a bit of doing, it may well be sensible to have a 'done' button to confirm that you were finished before going on to the next question. Otherwise you could run the risk of accidentally losing your work.

Like the others said though, it would depend on the product and the exam being simulated.

It also beggers the question - does it really matter? If you are required to click 'done' to progress to the next question, just do it and get on with your life. The alternative is to sit there and argue with it, which is slightly less productive.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  6. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

I think I see where you are coming from, I guess the done is there along with "reset" which is a fantasic button to have in sim questions as you can essentially keep hitting reset until you are sure/confident that you have got it right (essentially a free question if you have studied the topics at least a little bit).

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  7. Makaveli

Makaveli Byte Poster

The questions were in a Prometric exam. When you get to a simulation question it is displayed like any non-sim question but you have the Simulation button near the bottom, when you click it you are taken to the simulated desktop with the question repeated in a notepad style box in the top right corner with a done button and a reset button. Now, when you have some simulation questions you complete the task and then click the done button under the question, and other times when you complete the task you automatically get a popup window prompting you to click done within the popup window rather than using the done button under the question even though it is there...