Simple, but made me happy!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Karen44, Nov 10, 2005.

1. Karen44

Karen44 Nibble Poster

As some of you may remember, I asked on her for DVD-RW recs a while back for a friend. Anyways, they bought a Sony DRU-910A and promptly gave it to me to fit! :ohmy

Being the wannabe IT person, I took on the challenge and everything went like clockwork! It took me the longest to figure out how to get inside the case! :oops:

No real reason to this post, just wanted to share my happiness! :biggrin

Karen

Certifications: None worth mentioning yet...
    WIP: A+, N+, MCSE
  2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Well done Karen - that buzz is what makes it all worthwhile, and keeps you hungry to take your knowledge to the next level. Good on you :thumbleft

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Way to go Karen. You can share that kind of happiness with us anytime.:D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  4. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Makes you feel good ehh :biggrin

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  5. Karen44

Karen44 Nibble Poster

Thanks guys :biggrin

I even managed to name most of the main components, then dragged my other half over to show him how clever I was! :clap Funnily enough, he didn't feel the same enthusiasm!!

Fitting the drive was actually harder than I anticipated. I replaced a faulty drive in my own machine a few years ago, but that was just a straight swap. With this one, it was fitting a fourth drive and I learned about master and slave jumpers. Quite simple once you get your head around it!

:super

Certifications: None worth mentioning yet...
    WIP: A+, N+, MCSE
  6. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

ah just what I like to hear...I remember the first time I fitted my floppy drive let alone the DVD drive (which at the time I bought it was one of the very first 16x DVD and set me back a whopping £120!!! and that was in 1999!!!) and now look at how much u can get the babies for...amazing eh....but well Kaz here's to fitting more :biggrin

EDIT: and as for the other half...well he's just jealous and wishes it was him...at least u can hold your head up high...but I will say this one day he will brag about you even when he doesnt admit it himself...

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  7. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Good onya karen!

I too have had more trouble opening cases up than fixing computers. Dell's are a veritable nightmare :eek:

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)