Similarities

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by sainge, Apr 25, 2005.

1. sainge

sainge New Member

Can anyone tell me how similar the 70-215 is to the 70-210. I passed the 70-210 today and would be looking to take the server asap.

How much extra knowlege is required?

Thanks in advance :)

Certifications: MCP (70-210) W2K
    WIP: MCSA
  2. MrNice

MrNice Kilobyte Poster

sorry dude, no idea...Congrats on the 210 pass though.

3. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi Sainge,

I'd say the 215 is the logical extension of 210, but with a much heavier emphasis on networking technologies (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, AD, IIS, RRAS, RIS, etc) and deployment techniques.

However, don't let that put you off, as there are a lot of similarities and common ground between the two, so you are correct in planning to take ASAP after 210.

All in my humble opinion, of course.

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  4. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Echo that Gav and don't forget VPN's, certificates, IPSEC and other encryption. Not forgetting good old NTFS permissions :blink

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  5. Taz69

Taz69 Byte Poster

There is a natural progression from 210 to 215 and as long as the exam hasn't changed over the past couple of years much I expect you'll need a good understanding of both file and share permissions as well as monitoring, backups and disk configurations (inc various flavours of Raid) Other things will be various install techniques, dfs and don't forget to have a good understanding of Group Policy and how it is applied, especially which policy takes effect if policies are applied at domain, OU and to the local computer.

A basic understanding of DNS, DHCP, RRAS, VPNs will be required but they save the real grilling on these for the BEAST along with a detailed look at IPSEC and certificates.:twisted:

Check out Microsofts site for the lowdown
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-215.asp

By the way Congratulations on nailing the 210
    :cheers :berrr

Certifications: MCSE: S, MCSA:M, MCSA: S, Net+ & 70-284
    WIP: MCSA 2003 & MCSA:Messaging 2003
  6. sainge

sainge New Member

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Looks like i have lots of studying to get on with.

Now may be a good time to invest in buying two older machines to act as a test lab. Have many people gone down this route?

Certifications: MCP (70-210) W2K
    WIP: MCSA