Sillyness!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Leehaa, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

Broadband crazyness!

...So hubby and I were told that there was absolubtely no way in the world we would have a broadband connection to our new house (2nd - business line) until tomorrow. BT said that they would only be able to activate the account then (even though line installed Tuesday last week!)

So on Monday hubby decided we would set up our little network anyway so it was all good to go. We plugged in the router to test connections...and....hey presto everything picked up as though we'd never moved house - LOL ...so we've had a connection for a couple of days now :p.

It must be that, as would ideally happen, their systems automatically picked up our account and transferred it to out new line...but customer services insisted this would be impossible...

...so we've been happily online the last couple of days making sure everything is sorted so that when the line is due to switch and BT see that the line already has broadband and cuts it off / messes it all up, we're all sorted!! 8) LOL!

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL v3, MBCS, others...
    WIP: BSc IT & Computing, RHCE
  2. OceanPacific

OceanPacific Byte Poster

1st Tier help desk are idiots and dont know jack about how their own systems work. Ive had 1st Tier tell me that my connection wouldnt work for 48 hours and then talk to 2nd Tier and they tell me the exact opposite and they cut my line on immediately.

WIP: N+, A+
  3. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

Lol :D

4. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

First line is probably in India/China. So for them your tomorrow is already their today, so in essence it's impossible :p

5. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

That's the thing, I try to speak as little as possible to first line help desk because from my experience most of the times I dealt with first line help desk it was a waste of time. Although I do tend to give them a chance everytime I call, I don't last long dealing with them as the minute I realize that the conversation is going no where I ask to be upped to the second and third line help.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  6. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

Oh dear, It might be the case that they now switch it OFF instead of ON.:blink:biggrin

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  7. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

Leehaa, There is a small problem with your sig. The color is not correctly shown.

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  8. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

How odd :blink (was ok the other day) Thank you.

9. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Shhhhh. It's a secret. Don't tell them it's on or they may cut it off. :wink:

I'm glad you bolded the pink sig. The pale pink against the pale blue was almost impossible to read. I had to highlight it to see the text clearly.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  10. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

Hehee yes, it was a tad light before - you should have made a comment :)

Hope everything's going ok Trip.