Shutdown and logoff scripts cut off network connection not good!

Discussion in 'Active Directory Exams' started by itdaddy, May 11, 2007.

1. itdaddy

itdaddy Byte Poster

Hey guys

i want to use a shutdown script for one of our laptops to copy a file automatically
    on shutdown to a U: drive which is mapped. But stupid logoff or shutdown'
    cuts connection to network before it can copy...

is there a way to delay the network cutoff????? i really think this is stupid
    if both logoff and shutdown cut network off and you just cant work with mapped drives this way>?

help

thanks in advanced!

Robert

2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Could you do this with offline folders instead? :blink

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Agreed; there are plenty of better ways to deal with offline files other than shutdown scripts.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. Povester

Povester Bit Poster

I did the same sort of thing your after and found that I had to put the script under 'logoff' (GP\User Config\Windows Settings\Scripts\). This ran the script before the network connection was closed and completed the copy.

FYI: I also discovered that I had to make logoff scripts visible aswell (GP\User Config\Admin Template\System\Scripts). Although, this might only be needed if you require the user to interact with the script in anyway though.

Cheers,
    Mark.