Should it be possible to get 1st line support Job

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by mark8par, Jun 10, 2009.

1. mark8par

mark8par Bit Poster

Hi,

I am currently starting my self learn Comp TIA certification and am then hoping to move onto the MCDST. I am planning on a change of career as this is something i have always wanted to do. My thoughts at the moment though are at what point should i be looking to take the jump from my current role and on the negative side will someone want to employ me with little experience, its a bit of a catch 22 (need experience to get the job - cant get the job cant get experience).

I am very hardworking and determined to make this work and i know i will enjoy the study part of it but i think my main question is can i expect someone to employ me in the role as 1st line support and does anybody have any tips.

2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

There are many many threads on the forum with the answer to your question, so I'll be breif:-

Use the search function :p

Also... you can gain experience without being employed but you need to actively search. Apply to your local school / PC Repair shop etc etc as a volunteer. This way you're getting experience with 'real world' IT practices and something solid to put on your CV that relates to the career you want to get in to.

Hope this helps :)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  3. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

As was mentioned yesterday, which CompTIA certification are you studying? CompTia are just an examining body, with many certs under it (A+, N+, L+, Security+).

I'm assuming A+, since you are starting out in the field.

Start looking for the job now. Some entry level positions will take people with no experince and qualifications and train them up, so its always good to start looking straight away. Indicating on your cv that you are studying the A+ may well help your chances too.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present