Should I take the Network+ Exam?

Discussion in 'Network+' started by VantageIsle, Feb 8, 2009.

1. VantageIsle

VantageIsle Kilobyte Poster

I don't know about you, but I always hang onto those notebooks you fill with notes as you work your way through studying for a certification.

So today as I was filing my notebooks from the 70-290 and 70- 291 exam to the big yellow "finished" folder a came across the notes I made whilst studying for the N+ course over a year ago.

I was ready for the exam December 2007 but did not have the £200 is spare for the exam, so I kind of abandoned it and moved onto XP/Vista.

I was thinking If I were to read through my notes again in the coming months I think I would have good chance of nailing this exam, I would have to pay for it myself though. My company will only pay for Cisco and Microsoft exams.

The cost of the exam is a bit steep, but I guess the Net+ is a cert for life and an enhancement to my CV.

Should I bother, would you if you were in my situation?

Certifications: A+, ITIL V3, MCSA, MCITP:EST, CCENT, 70-432-SQL, 70-401 SCCM
    WIP: MCSA upgrade MCITP:SA then EA
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Me personally, I would and I've done it. In fact most of the exams, I that I've done I've funded myself (a few were beta's and a few were paid for by work).

Like you already know the Network+ is a cert for life. You've already done all the studying for it, so if you have the cash for the exam, why not?

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I would. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. VantageIsle

VantageIsle Kilobyte Poster

Yeah, it makes sense.... added to list :)

Certifications: A+, ITIL V3, MCSA, MCITP:EST, CCENT, 70-432-SQL, 70-401 SCCM
    WIP: MCSA upgrade MCITP:SA then EA