Should i stay in the same company or?

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by momer79, Sep 17, 2009.

1. momer79

momer79 Bit Poster

Hi, I am working for well known company as a junior .Net developer. Its been more than a yr since i started this job. I do enjoy my work when i have something to work on but i really get bored when there is nothing to do. I don't know if its normal in software development field.:rolleyes:

I am getting good experience but not as much as i was expecting, we are working on one big in house application and migrating it into .Net framework.

How long should i stay with this company? I don't think there are any chances of getting promotion in the future as we work in very small IT team.

Thanks
    David

Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  2. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

The first thing to do before jumping ship is to make sure things are as you think they are in the one your working for, ask for a review with your boss and talk about your concerns/workload etc.

If you don't get the answers you want then its time to start shopping around for somewhere new.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  3. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Agreed. If you are bored, perhaps you are ready to take on more advanced work/projects?
    Why not see if you can have an informal chat with your mananger?
    Good luck with it all.

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT