1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I retake this exam?!

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Jellyman_4eva, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Jellyman_4eva

Jellyman_4eva Byte Poster

Hello everyone..

After the monumental cockups regarding me taking the Network+ exam (2005 objectives) I finally took the exam on the 28th of June and passed, and that was the end of it, or so I thought...

I have logged onto Comptia's website and checked it and it says I have passed the 2002 Objectives and not the 2005 ones!!!

AAHHHH!!! Yet another monumental cockup I feel!!

Really I was just wondering as to everybody's opinion as to whether it is worth retaking with the new objectives?!

Certifications: MCDST, MCITP-EDST/EDA/EA/SA/ MCSA 2K3/2K8, MCSE+M 2K3/2K8, ISA/TMG, VCP3/4, CCNA, Exchange, SQL, Citrix, A+, N+, L+, Sec+, Ser+, JNCIA-SSL, JNCIS-SSL
    WIP: Lots
  2. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

First, I say call CompTIA and tell them you took the exam on the 2005 track and passed, yet your transcript says 2002.

To answer your question, no, I wouldn't retake the exam.

Honestly, when i got the job I have now, all I was asked is if I was A+ and Net+ certified. The never asked me if it was the 2002 or 2005 track.

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+
  3. Jellyman_4eva

Hi, to be honest I think it was the College's mistake of booking me in to the wrong one, but I have no idea how to find out...

Certifications: MCDST, MCITP-EDST/EDA/EA/SA/ MCSA 2K3/2K8, MCSE+M 2K3/2K8, ISA/TMG, VCP3/4, CCNA, Exchange, SQL, Citrix, A+, N+, L+, Sec+, Ser+, JNCIA-SSL, JNCIS-SSL
  4. Jellyman_4eva

In fact!! If you passed your Network+ exam on the new objectives, on your pass sheet you get at the end, would you mind telling me the exam code thing at the top?!

5. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Hi Jelly,

The exam code is N10-003. If you have an e-mail confirming that was the exam you booked and paid for then the exam centre is to blame. In all honesty as the geek said a pass is a pass, so I wouldn't worry about the new objectives :D

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  6. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Dunno here Guys - if I thought I had studied for the new track, but found out (for whatever reason) that I'd sat the old track, I'd be pretty p***ed off. However, that's unless it was my own fault. I'm sure the onus is on the exam-taker to ensure beforehand that they are actually presented with the correct exam.

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  7. Jellyman_4eva

Hi again,

Just to update you all, I pulled out the score sheets. It says Network+ Certification Score Report JK0-012...

At the end of the sheet it says:

Receiving your certificate: Your certificate will be mailed to you within four to six weeks after you pass the Network+ Certification covering the 2004 objectives...

I have also checked my A+ exam sheets which say I will get a certificate covering the 2003 objectives which I did study for... the question is what is going on!!!

8. Jellyman_4eva

OK, in my quest to work all this out, I found the following from:

http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/Seeking-Advice-On-Net+-N10-002-Exam_31571.html

If thats true, my sheet says passing score 554 and I think there were 85 questions... if thats the case why is Comptia saying 2001?!