Should I include my references in my functional resume

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Professor-Falken, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Professor-Falken

Professor-Falken Kilobyte Poster

Should I include my references in my functional resume. And what kind of references should I include. I don’t have any references except for my previous employers. I included in my resume their names and phone numbers, is that enough or what should I include in the reference section.

Professor Falken

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia Network +
  2. grim

grim Gigabyte Poster

i usually include 2 references from the last 2 employers and have their name, company position, address and email address on mine.

grim

Certifications: Bsc, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298, 70-299, 70-620, 70-649, 70-680
    WIP: 70-646, 70-640
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I usually state in my cover letter that references are available upon request, and I have them ready in the event they ask for it. If the job posting requires I send references with my resume, then I send them as a separate document.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

In short, no. References are irrelevant until you are offered the job, and to be honest employers have no business contacting them until you accept an offer from them.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  5. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I agree with Fergal and BM. I just state that references are available upon request and thats it. If they ask for it then I provide them with the references.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  6. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Never provide references unless you have a job offer. Never allow them to enter the public domain, unscrupulous types like recruitment consultants will harvest your CV for contact info and your friendly referees will get no end of unwanted calls or spam....