Shop-front agencies just as bad as the rest !

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by UKDarkstar, Sep 4, 2008.

1. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

That's next door with the red lights in the window :twisted:

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

A new slogan for Kelly Services.

Kelly's Services - "We give you good job - Guaranteed!

Ok, ok.. I'll stop the crudeness.

*ahem*

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  3. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Ok, I've obviously touched a nerve here with some people and for that I apologise unreservedly.

I had to rant to get it off my chest and if nothing else it was an example of extremely poor customer service for ANY organisation.

Whilst I fully accept that there will be good and bad examples of whatever you talk about I have, since end of April, dealt with :

Select Recruitment
    Bond Williams
    Hays IT
    Renfield Consulting
    SOS Recruitment
    Rubicon People
    Premier IT
    Ash Associates
    QED Recruitment
    Deerfoot IT
    E People Recruitment
    Smart Group
    Online Recruitment
    Hudson Recruitment
    Morgan Recruitment
    RBW Consulting
    Peoples IT
    Reed
    MVM Recruitment
    Matchtech
    Computer People
    Reflex
    First2Recruit
    Right4Staff
    First recruitment Cafe
    Computerworld Personnel
    TAC Europe
    Nigel Frank International
    Candidate services
    Oasis James Ltd
    Evolution Recruitment
    Onshore recruitment
    The People Network
    New Wave resourcing
    Computer Futers Solutions
    Computer Connect
    Capita Resourcing Ltd
    Hy-Phen
    Monticello Consultants Ltd
    Alxander Black Recruitment
    TRS Consulting
    Huxley Associates
    CVScreen
    Harvey Beric Associates
    Recruitment revolution
    Fersh Recruits
    Advanced Resource Management
    HPHR
    Real Resourcing
    Omni IT
    Elan IT
    Preferred IT
    Modis
    Brookfield recruitment
    Progressive Recruitment
    Blue Pencil
    aap3
    GCS

Now I realise that some of these are local to me and some are online recruiters BUT I can count on one hand the number that have been helpful on the telephone and bothered to reply to emails.

I will hapilly try the two "recommended" agencies above to see if they can help me and would be pleased to hear any other recommendations.

In the geographic area (Dorset, Hampshire, Wilts, Somerset) which I can work, there have been very few direct adverts from employers so I am faced with little choice other than to trawl the 'net to use agencies.

ATM it looks as tho' I could lose my house and everything if work does not appear soon so please forgive me if I feel obliged to rant sometimes - it's out of sheer desperation ! I won't post any further comments on agencies.

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  4. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

So you have used their services :twisted: :offtopic

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  5. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Just checked and Applause have nothing south of Birmingham and Kelly show no vacancies in Dorset, Hanpshire, Wiltshire or Somerset :(

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  6. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

She only offers good jobs, I am looking for another kind of "job" ;)

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  7. Qs

A... bad job? Okayyyy.

See, use of ";)"!

*smiles*

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  8. Naive

Naive Byte Poster

Aww :(

That's a shame about Applause, as they are really great. I bumped into Applause through Reed.co.uk so maybe do a search for your area on their and have a look at the various recruitment agencies posting jobs?

Apart from that I'm pretty burnt for resources, as I one trick ponied my first IT job :twisted:

Hopefully other people will post on who they have had good dealings with :)

Edit: I find it intriguing that half the thread is about jobs which require I.T knowledge and the like, whereas the other jobs people are looking for require, blow & hand *scratches chin* hrmm

WIP: MCDST
  9. Qs

LOL... I'd revise your comment and try to get back on topic:p

Anyway - personal experience - I've used agencies a lot and all of them have seemed ... 'ok'.

I don't know if it's just me, but I felt once they first approach you they try to get jobs tooth and nail, then they tail off and don't seem so interested as time goes on.

I still feel that pursuing jobs the old fashioned way shows a certain level of worth to an employer - more so than by getting agencies to do it for you. It may be more time-consuming but it separates you from the 'pack' so to speak.

Qs

10. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Its all about providing great service and maximising uptime isn't it ? :twisted:

11. Naive

Naive Byte Poster

Well this is it, I mean, heaven forbid if the server should go down :twisted:

lmao, ok im gunna stop..

WIP: MCDST
  12. Qs

I feel that the thread topic has been somewhat lost by the crude nature of the forum members (although... admittedly, I did start it)

Way to go lads :thumbleft

...I'll be over in the corner attempting to downwardly converge to a lesser social stereotype.

13. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

Maxiumising uptime ? hell NO! I want it done and dusted quickly so I can get back to the TV . . . . . :)

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3