Shoddy Certificates!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Ropenfold, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Ropenfold

Ropenfold Kilobyte Poster

I've been waiting with baited breath for my new A+ certificate to arrive and it came yesterday....

Is it just me but couldn't comptia have made a bit more of an effort with it? Its safe to say I'm a little underwhelmed!!

Perhaps printed on something other than A4 photocopy paper? A Hologram maybe? Make it look a little better than something I could have made myself?

I'm currently studying for my MCDST now, Is this gonna look better?

Sorry to gripe but I thought it might look a little better! :D

Certifications: BSC (Hons), A+, MCDST, N+, 70-270, 98-364, CLF-C01
    WIP: ISC2 CC, Security+
  2. Alex Wright

Alex Wright Megabyte Poster

I've not yet seen what the certificate looks like... but as someone that's studying towards A+ certification, hopefully it won't be too long until I do!

I'm sorry that the appearance of the certificate falls short of your expectations, but hey... you're A+ certified... and that's a highly respected cert. Isn't that what really matters! :D

Best of luck with your MCDST.

- Alex

Certifications: 70-680 Configuring Windows 7
    WIP: 70-642
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I kinda was disappointed with the Security+ cert when I got it, it seems like the look of the professional certifications are going down hill fast :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

I was a little disappointed as well, but I get more joy out of logging into the Comptia site and seeing it there, hopefully along with Net+ very soon! 8)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  5. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

All comptia certificates are crap, the MS ones are much better tho.:)

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  6. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

I think the current Comptia and Microsoft certs look pretty shoddy, My Network+ and MCTS certs look rubbish. At least my Sun certs have a nice shiny embossed rosette thingy...:blink

7. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

What do you want a gold plated plaque? :D

As long as it says you have passed and can show it to an employer then I don't see what the problem is.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  8. Node

Node Byte Poster

As long as you have the transcript it doesnt really matter does it? It's going to fade in a year or two anyway!!

Certifications: MCSA, MCSE,
  9. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

What my certifications get me are worth far more than the certificate that the certification vendors send me: Hamiltons, Jacksons, and Benjamins.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  10. Ropenfold

Ropenfold Kilobyte Poster

Yeah I suppose I should just be happy with been A+ certified but after shelling out for the exams, I thought it might at least look a little more professional.

Still its better to be certified than not!:D

Certifications: BSC (Hons), A+, MCDST, N+, 70-270, 98-364, CLF-C01
    WIP: ISC2 CC, Security+
  11. Alex Wright

Alex Wright Megabyte Poster

Yes... indeed. :)

Certifications: 70-680 Configuring Windows 7
    WIP: 70-642
  12. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Given the current expense of Comptia certification in the UK I think a shiny cert is not too much to ask...

Ok its just a piece of paper and I file mine in a draw but if they are gonna print a certificate they might as well make it a nice looking one...