1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shoddy Certificates!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Ropenfold, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Ropenfold

Ropenfold Kilobyte Poster

I've been waiting with baited breath for my new A+ certificate to arrive and it came yesterday....

Is it just me but couldn't comptia have made a bit more of an effort with it? Its safe to say I'm a little underwhelmed!!

Perhaps printed on something other than A4 photocopy paper? A Hologram maybe? Make it look a little better than something I could have made myself?

I'm currently studying for my MCDST now, Is this gonna look better?

Sorry to gripe but I thought it might look a little better! :D

Certifications: BSC (Hons), A+, MCDST, N+, 70-270,
    WIP: ITIL V3
  2. Alex Wright

Alex Wright Megabyte Poster

I've not yet seen what the certificate looks like... but as someone that's studying towards A+ certification, hopefully it won't be too long until I do!

I'm sorry that the appearance of the certificate falls short of your expectations, but hey... you're A+ certified... and that's a highly respected cert. Isn't that what really matters! :D

Best of luck with your MCDST.

- Alex

Certifications: 70-680 Configuring Windows 7
    WIP: 70-642
  3. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

I kinda was disappointed with the Security+ cert when I got it, it seems like the look of the professional certifications are going down hill fast :)

-Ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  4. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

I was a little disappointed as well, but I get more joy out of logging into the Comptia site and seeing it there, hopefully along with Net+ very soon! 8)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  5. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

All comptia certificates are crap, the MS ones are much better tho.:)

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  6. dmarsh

dmarsh Terabyte Poster

I think the current Comptia and Microsoft certs look pretty shoddy, My Network+ and MCTS certs look rubbish. At least my Sun certs have a nice shiny embossed rosette thingy...:blink

Certifications: CITP, BSc, HND, SCJP, SCJD, SCWCD, SCBCD, SCEA, N+, Sec+, Proj+, Server+, Linux+, MCTS, MCPD, MCSA, MCITP, CCDH
  7. greenbrucelee

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

What do you want a gold plated plaque? :D

As long as it says you have passed and can show it to an employer then I don't see what the problem is.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  8. Node

Node Byte Poster

As long as you have the transcript it doesnt really matter does it? It's going to fade in a year or two anyway!!

Certifications: MCSA, MCSE,
  9. BosonMichael

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

What my certifications get me are worth far more than the certificate that the certification vendors send me: Hamiltons, Jacksons, and Benjamins.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  10. Ropenfold

Ropenfold Kilobyte Poster

Yeah I suppose I should just be happy with been A+ certified but after shelling out for the exams, I thought it might at least look a little more professional.

Still its better to be certified than not!:D

Certifications: BSC (Hons), A+, MCDST, N+, 70-270,
    WIP: ITIL V3
  11. Alex Wright

Alex Wright Megabyte Poster

Yes... indeed. :)

Certifications: 70-680 Configuring Windows 7
    WIP: 70-642
  12. dmarsh

dmarsh Terabyte Poster

Given the current expense of Comptia certification in the UK I think a shiny cert is not too much to ask...

Ok its just a piece of paper and I file mine in a draw but if they are gonna print a certificate they might as well make it a nice looking one...

Certifications: CITP, BSc, HND, SCJP, SCJD, SCWCD, SCBCD, SCEA, N+, Sec+, Proj+, Server+, Linux+, MCTS, MCPD, MCSA, MCITP, CCDH