Shall I take 620 or wait until 621 becomes available?

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by simongrahamuk, Feb 24, 2007.

1. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Simple question as above.

Your thoughts gentlemen (and ladies) please. 8)

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I guess it up to you, I'll be doing the 71-621 again in March, whether or not I pass I won't do the 70-620. Proper training material for the 70-621 won't be out until the end of the year, but because I have the MCDST already I don't want to have to do the full route again. Besides if you get the MCITP in Enterprise technician support, you also get the MCTS in Vista.

So I guess it depends on 2 things:

1. if you can wait that long for the training material (and the proper requirements of the exam) to be released, and

2. If you want to do the full route to get the MCITP In Enterprise Support Technician (3 exams) or just do one upgrade exam.

I know which 1 i'm doing, the less exam route :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

You're right Ken, and regardless of whether I do 620 or not I'll still do the 621 when it becomes available.

I guess ultimately the question was asked as I haven't done 'anything' for a while and want something to add to the CV! :rolleyes:

4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

621 covers 620, so if you're just upgrading your MCDST, that'd probably be the way to go.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Why not finish the MCSE 2k then? I see that you're a MCSA already, might as well finish the route you started :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security