SFIAPlust Level 5 - Evidence CITP , CEng

Discussion in 'Professional Associations' started by I_Love_UK, Aug 29, 2009.

1. I_Love_UK

I_Love_UK New Member

Dear All,

I have been reading couple of post on CITP, I love all the people who shared there experience in getting CITP. I am MBCS, I have applied for CEng.

BCS have asked to fill up form show my experience is equivalent to SFIAPlust Level 5. I would be really glad if someone could share some sample evidence which they have submitted to bcs for CITP showing influence, complexity, autonomy, business skills.

I have also read Darkster's evidence which he posted in one his post. I would like to have some more.

PS: Supporters form is same for CEng and CITP

2. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Hi

You might like to introduce yourself here first so we know a little more about your work/certs etc.

To obtain the CEng via the BCS is not just a case of matching the CITP SFIA requirements. The criteria for CEng are set out by the Engineering Council. Without knowing your background, degree etc. I can't really help much.

Welcome to the forums btw ! :biggrin

(Where are you based ?)

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  3. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

The requirements for becoming a CEng are at the moment a little more demanding (or perhaps exacting?) than the requirements for chartership with the BCS.

This document will give you the full requirements / standards for becoming a chartered engineer - page 20 onwards is what's relevant for that level :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  4. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

Yup :biggrin

You can also check your course was accredited here and the app for applying via the BCS is here for anyone else who's interested (assuming you're a BCS Member - if not, join first).

5. I_Love_UK

I_Love_UK New Member

I will be introducing my self in correct section.

I have Bachelor degree in Computers, having 6years of experience in IT. I am in Australia. For now, I am looking to provide evidence of my experience for SFIA level 5 to proceed further.

Please help with more samples of evidence for SFIA level 5.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2009
  6. I_Love_UK

I_Love_UK New Member

UKDarkstar/Arroryn, Thanks for your reply.

I have an understanding about eligibility process etc for CEng. At present I am looking for some samples for evidence of SFIA level 5, so that I can evidence my experience.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2009
  7. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

Well if you looked at the criteria I posted for SFIAplus Level 5 you just have to relate that to your specific work experience.

Alternatively, log into the bCS site and use the the SFIA bit there to map your work skills/experience to the criteria.

What IT work do you do ? What experience and autonomy in your role do you have ?

That's the sort of thing you need to go through and examine. It will be very different for everyone and you may also need to be able to back it up in an interview as well as with a supporter confirming it.

I had no examples when I did mine but spent a few hours sitting down and thinking about it. To be honest, if you're at that level you should be able to do it ! :)

8. I_Love_UK

I_Love_UK New Member

UKDarkstar, Thanks for your reply.

I will try to write evidence by my self. I thought it would be helpful if I could read few samples of evidence before I start writing it.

I will get back here in case of any concern further. Thanks again UKDarkstar !

For other readers of this thread, if you got any samples for evidencing SFIAplus level 5, kindly PM me sample.

9. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Just caught this thread... One thing to remember that even though you have to reach SFIA level 5 for both the CEng and the CITP, if you meet the requirements for the CITP it is not automatic that you gain the CEng. The CEng is more for the engineering side of IT and not every aspect of IT is classed as engineering.

Judging by what you've already stated, it looks like - if you go down the CEng route, that you'll have to the non-academic route:

-Writing a technical report, based upon their experience, and demonstrating their knowledge and understanding of engineering principles
    -Taking Engineering Council examinations
    -Following an assessed work-based learning programme approved by the institution
    -Taking further qualifications specified by the institution to which they are applying.

I do have a question for you... How come you're not joining our "sister" organsation in Oz? The ACS. Don't get me wrong, I'm very glad that you're supporting the BCS, however the ACS already offer the IITP credential to members who gain CP status.

-Ken

Last edited: Aug 30, 2009
    Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  10. Kitkatninja

You may want to hold on to your application:

See here.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
  11. I_Love_UK

I_Love_UK New Member

Thanks for your reply. I will be moving to UK so thought better to do it from BCS.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2009
  12. I_Love_UK

I_Love_UK New Member

Thanks Ken,

I got that. I am applying for Ceng.

Do you have any idea what changes they are introducing in CITP.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2009
  13. Kitkatninja

Cool :)

No, it's "under wraps" until the unveiling in September :)

Another question then, what do you do? Since you're going for the CEng?

-Ken

14. yathees_sl

yathees_sl New Member

Dear All,

I am MBCS, I have applied for CITP.

BCS have asked to fill up form show my experience is equivalent to SFIAPlust Level 5. I would be really glad if someone could share some sample evidence which they have submitted to bcs for CITP showing influence, complexity, autonomy, business skills.

please help me to give deatils for my supporter to write down the report.

Thanks.

15. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

Might help to post your CV showing your experience. Then we can have a look-see.