Service desk Analyst

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by bukket, Apr 1, 2011.

1. bukket

bukket New Member

in have an interview for a service desk analyst next week for a very large IT support company which will involve me being based at a client site, which is a large council HQ in Scotlands central belt. Its s small IT team with 2/3 staff members and i will be interviewed by the service desk manager onsite.

I asked the HR person for tips for the interview and he said it was likely they will used the "Star Technique"

Has anyone had experience of the fore mentioned interview technique?

thanks a lot guys

2. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

One of the panel will be dressed like this ...

[​IMG]

You have to sit through the interview and keep a straight face, whilst pretending the person in the star outfit isn't really there.

sorry, couldn't resist. :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  3. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

Situation
    Task
    Action
    Result

Google competency interviews, you'll find a wealth of knowledge on STAR there. Call centre ones are good for help/service desk roles.

Basically, what was the background to the story, what was the expected outcome, what did you do to try to achieve this outcome, did you achieve it? If not, why not.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
    Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  4. reddevil12

reddevil12 Megabyte Poster

Good luck m8 let us know how you get on :D

Certifications: a+
    WIP: 70-270 / 70-680