Server+ Materials... or even info? :p

Discussion in 'Server+' started by Hello World, May 6, 2005.

1. Hello World

Hello World Nibble Poster

Fun, just after ordering the Groth's Network+ book i get an email from my college lecturer telling us the Network+ is cancelled this year, but after A+ we can go onto Server+ instead.

Anyways since its free i figure ill do it, but what exactly is the exam about ... doing a little reading it looks like its A+ only with server technology (lets hope its those microsoft blade things =p) still, dosnt seem all that usefull to me, but who knows.

So, what about materials... what can anyone recommend to me / think ill need, i've got Meyers all in one A+, and Groth's N+ coming, but i know absolutly nothing about Server hardware... is it really worth getting any other material on it or will the stuff i have plus the college info be enough do you think?

WIP: CCNA 1, IT Essentials 1(A+)
  2. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/026-8445246-5226019

http://www.comptia.org/certification/server/default.aspx

The above should shed some light on this for you!

Oh, it's IBM Blades, M$ haven't got that far yet! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Sacha

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  3. Hello World

No joy with that link =/

4. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

They're two links! Can you be more specific?

If it is the Amazon one then just go to their main site and type in Server+ and you'll get half a ton of reading materials!

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  5. Hello World

I meant the amazon one, yeah i looked at some of the server+ ones there, the 2005 ones dont seem to have been published yet or in stock.

Its a real shame that not many people have studied this or at least thats how it seems, woulda been nice to have some reccomendations on specific material =p

6. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

The exam has been updated but at this present time there are no books published on the updated exam. The Server+ exam isn't that popular so you may struggle to find good study material. I know CompTIA are selling some kind of study material that covers what has changed in the exam have a look on their website.

As for the exams it's more about the hardware side of networking lots of questions on Scsi and physical security of the servers etc. I sat the old exam and was really cheesed off at how badly the exam was written. I really was the worst exam I'd taken in my life. Misleading questions, poorly worded and American Terminology. Hopefully the updated exam will be better.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011