server dhcp in simulator packet tracer

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by noga, Mar 30, 2010.

1. noga

noga New Member

hello ,

please if anyone can me tell where i can find a lesson of the theme

configuration the server dhcp for distribution theip adress of the vlan in simulator packet tracer

thanks you every one

2. crazy horse

crazy horse Byte Poster

Hi Noga,

I found this youtube link which shows how to configure a router to act as a DHCP server: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_H9BLP-MRw

If you are putting in a server to give out leases then:

1) Click the server go to fill in the DHCP tab
    2) Click Config tab
    3) Fill out all the settings (default gateway, the ip address of the server, the pool size)
    4) Click desktop tab and fill out the IP address information (this should be the same as the IP address set as the DHCP server

The clients on that network should now receive IP address (once you have manually gone in to each client and changed the IP config to "DHCP" from static

Thanks,
    Crazy Horse

3. noga

noga New Member

thank you verry well my brother ,

but me i want server dhcp for ditribution the ip adress for the vlan ( for exemple i have 4 subnet different and each subnet belongs in the vlan

thank you verry much

4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

If you are legitimately using Packet Tracer, then you are a Cisco Academy student... and you should have the lab that tells you how to create a DHCP server...

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

Ha ha busted

Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots