Server 2k3 Reboot Issue

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by Fergal1982, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Guys,

I've been having an issue with my Win2k3 server for a while now. Some of you may remember that the system was continually freezing a month or two back, and i had to stop VMWare in order to stop it. Well its started randomly rebooting.

This is the output from uptime:

There are a couple of long periods of downtime yesterday, where i took it down and swapped out all the ram, but im seeing a trend in this output ignoring those reboots - the server is rebooting every 1hr 59mins, starting from the 12th

This is continuing after i swapped out all the system RAM for the RAM i was using in my old desktop (which was working fine right up until i upgraded to this new machine, so i assume it still is).

I'm running on the Evaluation version of Win2k3, could it be related to this? im not sure how to check my remaining time on the evaluation before i will have to reinstall so i cant check for sure.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  2. Fergal1982

Ignore me

Expiration Behaviour

I've checked the event logs, this is the cause. So its off to reinstall for me i think.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
  3. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Fergal,

Did you simply reinstall the same evaluation copy of the OS and re-activate it using the same product code? Or did you get another copy?

I just wanted to know if you could re activate the same copy again thats all. 8)

4. Fergal1982

i havent got as far as activation. the actual machine is goosed. keeps freezing as soon as i try to RDC to it (with 512MB RAM on a fresh install), and even whilst im directly connected. I think its the MOBO or the PSU personally, so im trying to arrange a replacement.

Although i did have two servers running before (physical and virtual), and both were activated without issue.