Server 2003 vs Server 2008 certs

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Sparky, May 20, 2009.

1. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Ok, so after I finished the MCSE on Server 2003 I just kept on going and upgraded it to MCITP:EA. Feels like I have been Microsoft exams for years now. :blink

Anyways while I was doing the 70-647 which is really the only stand alone Server 2008 exam I needed to do, as the other one was a combo of three exams and the other was the Vista client, I realised that all the waffle\BS in the Server 2003 exams had completely gone.

When I reviewed the questions at the end I skimmed over the style of some of the questions and there is a brief description of the network and what the problem is. That is it! Many of the questions even had a couple of bullet points at the end and would state that you needed to achieve what was listed by picking from the choices below.

Anyone else notice this? I know that part of the “challenge” of the Server 2003 certs was to ignore all the BS and just pick out the info you needed to answer the question but it was annoying! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  2. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Mate that sounds like a revelation to me!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I know, it's great isn't it? :) IMO the exams technically are still hard, they are just easier to understand and answer (if you know what I mean) :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. Finkenstein

Finkenstein Kilobyte Poster

This is great news! :)

Certifications: MCP, Network+, CCENT, ITIL v3
    WIP: 640-822