Server 2003 not waking up from standby fully.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by amphtech, Apr 15, 2008.

1. amphtech

amphtech Bit Poster

Server 2003 not waking up from standby fully.
    My Server was waking up and now it doent, it completely disapears from the network i have tryed to ping the servers ip but still nothing.
    It will go in standby ok and the lan wakes it up fine, but after a few seconds after it had been woken up the server dissapears from the network.
    please help me:cry:

WIP: MCSE, MCSA, MCP
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

A server in standby? Now Ive heard everything :biggrin

Seriously though, does it have a static IP? Also can you browse to any other resources on the LAN or even the internet from the server after it has been in standby.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

One word of advice: don't let your server go into sleep mode! :biggrin The sleep/hibernate/standby doesn't work well in XP and Vista, much less on a server-based OS!

Why Server 2003 even has that functionality, I'll never know. :D

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. amphtech

amphtech Bit Poster

Yes the server does have a static ip address i never put the server in standby it automaticly put it self into standby after a x amount of mins but i never had a problem with so i never changed it, but just recently the server doesnt even wake up. So I changed the x amount of mins to never and also completly disabled standby via the ACPI\Parameters in the Registry.

WIP: MCSE, MCSA, MCP
  5. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

That's odd, I have never seen Server 2k3 go into standby by itself.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada