serrver 2008 limited connectivity - vmware

Discussion in 'Virtual and Cloud Computing' started by RagingChicken, Jul 26, 2010.

1. RagingChicken

RagingChicken New Member

hey

Im using vmware workstation and have installed server 2008 on it with no problems. In the network editor in vmware I'm using a vmnet01 custom network (see attachment).

I've also given the server a static IP of 192.168.0.2. but its showing as limited connectivity?

any reasons why this is happening?

Attached Files:

2. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

Host only, so it reports as connected to a device, but unable to access intarweb.

Certifications: MCP (271, 272, 270, 290, 291, 621, 681, 685), MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, Security+, CCA(XA6.5)
  3. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Because you have nothing routing between that network and the internet
    use NAT or Bridged if you want easy access to the internet
    or if you want a purely private network but internet access, you need a device with two NICs, one on VMnet0 and one bridged that can act as a router/NAT/Firewall device

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  4. RagingChicken

RagingChicken New Member

okay thanks. thats okay I intend not to use internet. everythings as I expected then :P I thought that it should atleast say i'm connected to my domain.