Seriously need help to get free a+ study guides

Discussion in 'A+' started by harkness, Jul 5, 2010.

1. harkness

harkness New Member

Hello Everyone.

I Am Brand New To This Forum And Its My First Post/Thread.

I would like to get some help with obtaining free study guides for the comptia a+ 2009 exams.
    Since i dont have the money right now to pay thousands of rands for online studies or even these bootcamp classes.

So any suggestions/advice would be appreciated.

Thanx.

2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Just buy the books, they won't cost you thousands!!

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. harkness

harkness New Member

ok let me explain that i live in south africa.
    and that these hard copy books isnt easy to find if there even are in sa.
    and also i dont have a credit card to buy these books online.
    the only other option is doing it online through companies and these well cost thousands in our rand.
    so therefore i want to know if there is somewhere on the web that has a complete study guide for the 701 and 702 a+ exam free.
    thanx

4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. keane14

keane14 Bit Poster

Certifications: Comptia A+ 2009 Edition
    WIP: Network +
  6. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Do you have a bank account becasue you could use paypal to order books then the money goes straight out of your account into paypal. I would recommend the following books:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/CompTIA-Certification-Seventh-220-701-220-702/dp/0071701338/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1278363290&sr=8-1

or

http://www.amazon.co.uk/CompTIA-Complete-Study-Guide-Application/dp/047048649X/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1278363290&sr=8-7.

When you think you are ready to take the exams you will have to pay for them...

Regards.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2010
    Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  7. harkness

harkness New Member

thanx for the links .

i checked cramsession but theres no study guide for comptia ( but maybe one day will be usefull if i do a mcse).

and professermesser has this comptia a+ study guide (www.professormesser.com/wiki/) think it will be enough to pass the 2009 exam?

oh and thank you all for your advice.

8. harkness

harkness New Member

no south africa is a little slow with the paypal thing,only one bank(FNB) will introduce paypal to sa later this year.

and to pay for the exams is not a problem cost like r800 bucks for us each.
    but the study materials can go from anything between r2000 to r12000 bucks depending on which course u buy,
    hey just a thought for those of you intrested in online training maybe check sa websites since im guessing would me much cheaper since our rand is so weak.

9. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

cramesessions does have free resources for the A+ although they do not cover everything. If you want some study material that does cover everything then you will have to buy the books.

Surely South Africa has libraries that will have the books in them that you can borrow and read.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  10. chuckles

chuckles Kilobyte Poster

Definitely get a book or two! The overlap and missed stuff between two different references is helpful! I used a reference by Jean Andrews for A+ (because I didn't know about Mike Meyers at that point) and Exam Cram (although I mainly used the Exam Cram for the MeasureUp practice tests on its CD). Also be sure to get some practice exams. I have found the following to be useful: UCertify, PrepLogic (both of which go on sale occasionally), MeasureUp (with the ExamCram book), Transcender. Many on this forum also like the Boson products but I have not been able to use them yet. Also, look at www.ProProfs.com for study material and practice exams. Good luck.

Certifications: '07/'09 A+, N+, S+
    WIP: maybe something Apple
    Earlybroncogirl likes this.
  11. harkness

harkness New Member

Thanx for everyones advice. i finally learned one golden truth you have to spend money to make money. So i decided to check my local colleges for prices. I found a good one and i am all set to start studying end of this month going to do a+,network+ ,server+ and mcdst for six months. Thanx.

12. crazy horse

crazy horse Byte Poster

Sounds like a lot to do in 6 months. Good luck with the studying!

13. Richy19

Richy19 Bit Poster

WIP: BTEC ND IT, CCENT, A+, N+