1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Serious?

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Jaron78, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Jaron78

Jaron78 Megabyte Poster

Found this "JUNIOR 1st Line role" today and thought Hmmm I like the sound of that.

Looked at the Requirements ect and it made me laugh. Is this really a first line role?

http://jobview.monster.co.uk/Junior...t-LineSupport-MCP-Job-london-UK-90371656.aspx

2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

I would certainly say an MCSA/MCSE is not required for a 1st line support role and this is not right. However, an MCP would be okay to have or be a requirement.

I would not let their stated requirement put me off though and would still apply for the role if suitable or if the role appeals to me.

Cheerio and best wishes:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. Jaron78

Jaron78 Megabyte Poster

Many thanks :)
    On it now ;)

4. BC

BC Bit Poster

Looks like a first line role with some aspects of second line too.

Wages aren't too bad. Companies can ask for a lot at the moment as the market's very slow. They know they'll get lots of applications even if it's for 20k.

Certifications: MCP, MCSA:M, MCSE, MCTS
  5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Apart from the certifications listed all of that *could* be covered in a 1st line job these days.

You wouldn’t need to know each product inside out, for example the Exchange skills needed are probably mailbox creation, security settings and mailbox moves.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Exchange 2007\2010
  6. reverb

reverb Byte Poster

I always see this company advertise jobs, in particular the 1st line support role in that link which is always bumped up to the top when you search for a 1st line support job on most job sites.

7. simonp83

simonp83 Kilobyte Poster

High throughput of employees i presume, which doesn't look too good. Plus, i'd have through £20,000 wages for a job in central London would be the equivalent to around £15,000 anywhere else?

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP
    WIP: 70-291