Serious question

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by LukeP, Mar 23, 2011.

1. cisco lab rat

cisco lab rat Megabyte Poster

Read the posts, read the posts, read the posts

Certifications: Yes I pretty much am!!
    WIP: Fizzicks Degree
  2. cisco lab rat

And don't forget the tray at the bottom of all the routers, they need emptying out at the end of every week, those discarded packets can clog up the filters and stop all your datas getting through, and I once had a problem where the datas were so bigger they got all stuck in the port, we had to poke them out with a stick

3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I find that if you make the cables look like a set of stair cases one for up and one for down then the data going up or down travels at the same speed unless the data going down lets go of the banister and you don't know which end of the packet is which :D

Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
    Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I once had to use some... er... netlaxative :blink to get some network cables unclogged. You wouldn't believe what was stuck in there! :eek:

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. cisco lab rat

Shaking the cables and rocking the cabs works too

6. greenbrucelee

we take ours for an enema every month or so, then a stroll around the park to relieve the tension.

7. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

Not too hard though! I once rocked the cab so hard that everything crashed and "TILT" was showing on Dell R710 LCD displays

WIP: Uhmm... not sure
  8. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Did you know - and this is true because I was hired as a consultant to fix it - that they have a big problem in skyscrapers. I won't bore you with the details, because it would be way over your heads, but essentially the air pressure on the top floor is measurably less than on the bottom floor.

This creates an effect which increases upload speed and slows download. It's a bit like a combination of capillary action and God trying to drink data out of a straw.

We got round the problem by turning the ventilation up, or down, can't remember, to try and equalise the air pressure. I got paid, that's the main thing.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  9. BosonMichael

WWJD (What Would Jesus Download?)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  10. greenbrucelee

Data sometimes doesn't like to go to the top of a skyscraper because if there's thunder bolts and lightning it can be very very frightening mama mia :D

11. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

You would be better installing a switched fabric between the floors but you need to be careful of the type that you select, silk is good because the data can easily flow over it unlike wool where the packets get trapped thus increasing latency

Certifications: MCDST|FtOCC
    WIP: MCSA(70-270|70-290|70-291)
  12. alexdc12

alexdc12 Kilobyte Poster

you remind me of my dad, lol
    our little secret!

Certifications: GNVQ Advanced IT, CompTIA A+, CompTIA N+, 70-680
    WIP: 70-685, ITIL v3 Foundation
  13. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Anyone else?? :x

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  14. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Worst thread ever…. :x

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  15. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

.... So you tell us to take it to our own threads and stop hijacking, yet when we do we are infracted? Good one! Sure you might not be willing to take action on an obvious troll. Sure, some of the japes posted here might have gone a tad too far, but I can sure as hell tell you that my post didnt.

You want to talk about worst...ever?

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  16. BosonMichael

Nor did mine. I received an infraction for "trolling and obvious pisstaking" of forum members regading my post:

Anyone could tell that this was a humor thread, and that no real "pisstaking" of Luke was going on. In truth, the only member I was "pisstaking" was myself, as I was making lighthearted fun at myself about how I respond to posters.

Really, is this what CertForums has become? :blink Where we get in trouble for humor posts??

17. Sparky

Well the whole thread is really taking the pi55 out of one member, not exactly in the spirit of CF is it?

Let’s wind this up….

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
  18. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I completely fail to see how, a new thread intended to continue a humerous concept (which we were told to remove from the original thread) constitutes an infraction.

We did exactly what we were asked to do.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  19. BosonMichael

So the answer is to give infractions to everyone, regardless of whether they were "taking the pi55 out of one member" or not? :blink

20. Sparky

Dude, your sig is aimed at one member - again not in the spirit of CF.