Serious advice needed about training (certs)

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by peace786, Jul 26, 2005.

1. peace786

peace786 Bit Poster

A computeach representtive will be visiting me this Friday to discuss options and their training courses(i want to do a+ and ccna - ). I know that it will be expensive but having read a few posts on this forum several ppl have told me to stay away from computeach and other expensive training providers. I also dont fancy the repayment rates etc it really sounds costly. What are shedegger like?

Im new to IT and want to do a+ and a ccna(training). From where can i get a cheap price? is self study a better/cheaper route to go? i need something cheap yet efficient. Computeach sound expensive but if that is the best way to study then ill do it.

Advice much appreciated

thanks

2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Peace,

There have been many a debait about what way to train.
    I believe the bottom line depends on you. :D
    If you are the type of person that needs pushing and would rather someone to be on the end of the phone should you need it then you might want to go the training provider route.
    If you are the type of person who can commit themselves to self study then it sure is a lot cheaper!
    I would have a list of questions to ask the rep. The main point is the tech support. If you are paying thousands of pounds for training then you should expect maybe 9am - 7pm technical help.

Best of luck

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT