1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Selling on Ebay!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by zimbo, Mar 23, 2006.

1. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

I got a few books im wanting to get rid of on ebay and was wondering if anyone has done it before and if they can give me a few pointers please?

Thnx! 8)

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  2. Flipside

Flipside Bit Poster

Well, it's a simple process to list items on ebay, just be careful who you sell to. For instance be warey of those with low feedback or a low percentage scores. Make your item description clear and honest and including pictures always helps.

WIP: A+
  3. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

what about fee's being charged by ebay and paypal?

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  4. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

My wife and I looked into this recently. I can't remember the actual fees but they were quite low IIRC.

Okay I just found out the Oz site is a different layout to the .co.uk one. I had to dig to find the prices but here they are Zimbo..

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/fees.html

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  5. Flipside

Flipside Bit Poster

The eBay sellers fees are pretty low, just don't forget about them if you start listing large amounts of items or you'll be in for a bit of a shock.

The Paypal fees are slightly less ok but some buyers prefer to use this method as it makes the transaction simpler and easier. So, your auctions will appeal to a wider range of people if you do have a Paypal account.

However, if you happen to run into any problems Paypal are totally useless. Their support people can bearly speak English and don't have a clue what they're talking about. I had a problem last year involving a refund, where I sent emails to that weren't replied to and I then called numerous people who were unhelpful and promised things that never materialised. This issue has still not been fully resolved by them and most probably never will be.

I haven't actually had any problems selling items without specifying Paypal as a payment option so I wouldn't bother with it tbh.

WIP: A+