Self study MCPIT

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by l4ter, Oct 9, 2011.

1. l4ter

l4ter Nibble Poster

Hi guys, about 2 weeks ago I purchased the MCPIT server 2008 enterprise edition, but I have found it very hard to motivate myself in reading the book/setting up test server 2008 and VMs. Pg 38 to be precise.

I'm wondering if anyone else is in the same boat as me and can offer me suggestions.

I work full time (most weeks doing 6 days a week) as a hardware analyst for a company. They are regulary opening up sites all over the UK and one of my problems is im not at home to sit down and study. Add to the fact that when I am home, I have domestic duties to attend to (before anyone asks I am not rich enough to afford a maid).

Previous to purchasing this course I have completed an A+ (via 2 seperate exams) as we as the N+.

Again they were not straight forward although I managed to find the time and practically apply all that I learnt, in addition take the exam and pass.

I found a website (which im not sure if im allowed to mention) very helpful for the N+ {I didnt actually use a book (more interactive) videos but thats another story}.

Certifications: BSc Computing, A+, N+, MCITP Enterprise
    WIP: MD-100
  2. knight2000

knight2000 Bit Poster

Hi

Good Luck with it, I am take my 70-640 exam this Tuesday.

I will keep you updated on how it goes.

Cheers

Mike

Certifications: MCDST MCSA
    WIP: MCITP EA
  3. l4ter

l4ter Nibble Poster

Good luck with that... Did you do a self study?

Im a long way from the actual exam but im hoping you have used the exam prep tools (I believe this site takes a dim view on brain dumps).

Certifications: BSc Computing, A+, N+, MCITP Enterprise
    WIP: MD-100
  4. knight2000

knight2000 Bit Poster

Hi Again

No, I am undertaking the official Microsoft instructor-led Courses with Dynamics IT, I also have a long way to go. They have given me the elearning material to recap. I only have 1 years of commercial experience, although I am help them with a few weekend jobs.

I think the best bet is to set up the lab with a Server and a few desktops. Employers are also taking a dim view on brain dumps.

Keep in touch

Mike

Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
    Certifications: MCDST MCSA
    WIP: MCITP EA