1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seeking advice from the wise ones ! C#

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by total1, Sep 28, 2006.

1. total1

total1 New Member

Offically joined yesterday, although I have been looking through the forum for about a year now.

As you can see from my profile, my certs are Win XP based. I would like to try something new and a while back I started dabbling with C# (hello world etc), I know it's in the opposite direction to my other certs but I thought I could have all bases covered and although I would like to work as an assistant network admin, i thought it may come in handy one day !?!

Anyway, to the point of the message ! Having looked through various posts and websites, I assume the best MCP to study is 70-316 as it's application based and not web. Also if I wanted to become MCAD, do I just need to do the 70-315 as well?? Microsoft website not over clear ! as it says Core exams - 2 required and Elective exam - 1 required, but then down the page it says 1x elective and 1x core ??????

Finally , I don't understand the difference between MCTS & MCPD which are for .NET 2 and MCAD for .NET 1 & 1.2 ?? Does this mean that MCAD is out of date ??? If I'm starting from scratch, should I do an MCTS or MCPD instead ???

Sorry for the long message and any info would be much appreciated.

Cheers Guys

P.s I have looked backwards and forwards through the forum before asking, but if I did miss the answer somewhere else then sorry :oops:
    Certifications: A+, N+,70-270,70-290,MCDST 70-271,70-272
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?