1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Security + .????

Discussion in 'Security+' started by bogus1195, Nov 14, 2008.

1. bogus1195

bogus1195 Bit Poster

hi all

I have completed my ccna and would like to take my Security + certitifcation before my MCSE. i have a few doubts regarding the exam

1.Is there any kind of a simulator software for Security + or is a complete theory oriented paper....
    2.Also before taking up my Security + i would like to know if taking up N+ and A+ would help or is it alright to crack on with the Sec+

suggestions and feedbacks welcome pls :eek:

cheers everbody
    :D

Certifications: CCNA ,MCP
    WIP: Windows 7 -- 70 - 680
  2. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

Hi,

Comptia's Security+ page has most of the answers you're looking for.

To be honest, it depends on your own experience & knowledge. I would recommend doing the A+ & Network+ first though, as it will help you understanding certain subjects (the A+ & Network+ starts/builds the foundation for the Security+).

-Ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  3. ffonoxe

ffonoxe New Member

Since you have CCNA you should have pretty good understanding of network and I don't think that N+ would help (you know it already) .

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: Security+, MCSE
  4. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Actually, having the CCNA doesn't mean that you already know the stuff on the Network+... the Network+ is vendor-neutral, whereas the CCNA is vendor-specific.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!