1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Security + study length

Discussion in 'Security+' started by Beerbaron, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Beerbaron

Beerbaron Megabyte Poster

I completed the N+ in 2008 and am coming to the end of my computer forensics masters. I have decided to study something whilst i job search. I believe the cut off for the current course is 31 Dec 2010, so how long roughly does it take most people to study for the exam? I am aware everyone is different.

Thanks.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), MSc, ITIL v3F, MCP, MCDST, MCITP: edst7, MCTS, MCSA: Server 2003, MCSA: Windows 7, N+, NVQ IT lvl 3, MCSA Windows 7, VCP5, CCENT, CEH
    WIP: CISSP
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I just barely past it after a month of study, Although I had been fooking around a lot with firewalls n stuff.

Make sure you know you IPSEC and that sort of thing and you should be okay.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. aestudiar

aestudiar Byte Poster

Hi, as I'm completing about to start my third year for a CS degree, do you mind if I ask you where are you studying your computer forensics master?
    Cheers.

PS I'm planning to study a Computer Security master with the Royal Holloway in London.

4. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

That's a very good course; well regarded.

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  5. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

I believe it took me about a month to study for and pass this exam...

-Ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  6. jk2447

jk2447 Petabyte Poster Moderator

6 weeks for me.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, VCP4, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VCP5, VCP6-NV
  7. Beerbaron

Westminster

Certifications: BSc (Hons), MSc, ITIL v3F, MCP, MCDST, MCITP: edst7, MCTS, MCSA: Server 2003, MCSA: Windows 7, N+, NVQ IT lvl 3, MCSA Windows 7, VCP5, CCENT, CEH
  8. Beerbaron

9. Asterix

Asterix Megabyte Poster

Im starting 'Information Technology Security' At Westminster this sept :biggrin

10. Beerbaron

They have just restructured the IT lecturers due to cut backs and have recently ended a marking strike so luckily wont affect you

11. Asterix

Asterix Megabyte Poster

I noticed that the tutor that interviewed me (Gavin Butler) has now left, not sure why, but am having difficulties getting a programme of study and a reading list, :S

12. Beerbaron

I was given a reading list if required in the first lecture of each module.