Security Now Podcasts

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Rostros22, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Rostros22

Rostros22 Kilobyte Poster

Not sure if anyone has posted this link before or if anybody has mentioned it before (In all honesty I could have already posted this before) but here it is anyway.

http://www.grc.com/securitynow.htm

Basically it is a set of podcasts about different security topics. Thought it might be handy for those doing there security+ etc. I sometimes listen to them while at work, or if I can't get to sleep :biggrin

Certifications: ITIL Certs, F.A.S.T Auditor Certs
    WIP: None - Application with Police
  2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Thanks Stu. Just for the record, you can register with GRC so they notify you of new *casts*. All worth listening to in my opinion. :)

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. Rostros22

We have a third party company who maintain the internet proxy / firewall and I speak to one of the lads on a regular basis. He always e-mails when a new cast is available, so I guess I don’t need to register.

Might just register anyway.

You listened to any of the casts Boyce? One of the lads in our team listens to them all the time while at his desk, I can’t do it myself. Prefer to read so the pdf downloads are a good option as well.

4. d-Faktor
    Honorary Member

d-Faktor R.I.P - gone but never forgotten.

the podcaster needs to add the enclosure tag in the podcast rss feed so that the listener can automatically download the podcast using his or her favorite aggregator onto the mp3 player (or in a local folder). so 'registering', or rather subscribing to the feed, is kinda the whole point of podcasting. if it weren't for that, it wouldn't be a podcast.

5. Rostros22

Right ok then

Only posted the link as I thought it might be useful

6. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Stu,

Yes i have listened to the *one* on hosts files so far and it was good.

Si

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT