Security+ is my next choice...

Discussion in 'Security+' started by Kitkatninja, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi All,

After a little while on study holiday, I've decided to start up again (before my son is born) and get my Security+.

I already have the learnkey course, just got the preplogic practice exam, waiting for the voucher redemption from preplogic (can take up to 4-6 weeks) and thinking about getting the examcram security+ book (I've gotten on well with examcram books with comptia exams in the past).

Does anyone else have any other suggestions?

I've already heard that the Security+ exam is written poorly and has the highest pass mark: 764

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Ken,

I've heard it is a popular course but there doesn't seem to be much material for it. I see the *official* material from Comptia is US and Canada only. :rolleyes:

Perhaps you could let us know what the ExamCram book is like?

Simon

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I used the Syngress book, but it was for the previous version of the Security+ exam. That said, it was an excellent preparation tool.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. fortch

fortch Kilobyte Poster

That's one I've been waiting to take -- I finished the EC book, and while it's got some errors, it covers the material alright. It's been a couple of weeks since I read it, but I'm using it as a supplement to the Syngress book. The material seemed somewhat disjointed and wandering in both books, which is what I've read about the exam as well :rolleyes:

Certifications: A+,Net+,Sec+,MCSA:Sec,MCSE:Sec,mASE
  5. onslaught82

onslaught82 New Member

I have a ton of great books to prepare for this test. Check ****

6. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

The first random post of 2008! :alc

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  7. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

spammer mc plammer or he is advertiser master, see his other answers.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  8. onslaught82

onslaught82 New Member

not trying to spam, just wanted to let people know that I have resources that they can use. I have studied for the A+,Network+,Security+, ccna, Cissp, mcse and one of the most helpful places for me during that time was forums like this and people who could assist with study material. I now have a site dedicated to doing what others did for me. If this is considered spam, I will happily not refer to my site or resources anymore. :D

9. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I removed the link to your blogspot since you apparently are offering copywritten material on the internet without compensating the owners of said material. This is not only a violation of business ethics but completely illegal. Even if your motives are only to help others, it's wrong to defraud the publishers and authors involved (and as a published author myself, it does kind of bend me out of shape). Also, even if the materials were free to be distributed, our forums do not permit spamming.

If you have any questions, please feel free to private message me with them. If you continue to post spamming links, your user account here at CertForums will be subject to banning.

All that said, if you are willing to be a productive member of our community and to go along with the forum rules and regulations (which you agreed to as a condition of creating your member account here), then you are welcome to participate. Thanks.

-Trip

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  10. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

And me as well. I don't take kindly to people stealing food from my childrens' mouths. :x

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!