Security+ In 10 Days?

Discussion in 'Security+' started by oush, Aug 21, 2010.

1. oush

oush Byte Poster

Hi guys,

Found a nice discounted security+ exam voucher but it must be used by the end of this month. Now i'm thinking is it worth taking the risk? It saves me around £100!!!! Should I go ahead and buy it and see what happens? During the weekdays I wont be able to dedicate more then 2 hours to studying but can dedicate most of my weekends...

Opinions please :)

Certifications: MCITP: EA, Linux+, CCNA, CCDA
    WIP: CCIP
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

It depends on your previous experience and knowledge, how fast you can study/cram and whether or not the discount of £100 > worth less time studying.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

I'd say it's probably doable'for you based on your current certs, depends on how much you want to do it.

4. oush

oush Byte Poster

well still waiting for the book arrive, should be today (Bloody amazon!!!). Going to try and go through the whole book today and see what I think of it.

Certifications: MCITP: EA, Linux+, CCNA, CCDA
    WIP: CCIP
  5. Killian

Killian Byte Poster

How you getting on Oush? I saw that voucher last week too but figured I'd never get it done in time. My Syngress 3rd Ed arrived on Friday however and I'm almost through it already!

Reckon I'd be good enough to sit the exam next Tues but all the vouchers have gone! :( Gutted!

If you missed it too, Gracetech are still selling them slightly cheaper at £183 rather than £191. Shame I didn't just go with it when I saw it, didn't expect to do as much studying as I did but got into it over the weekend :)

Certifications: See sig.
    WIP: Everything!