Security+ going to write

Discussion in 'Security+' started by chennai_icecube79, Dec 20, 2007.

1. chennai_icecube79

chennai_icecube79 New Member

Hi,

planning to take up security+ exam next week. i studied back to back sybex delux edition and finaly tried with some pratice exam but felt that this book is not covered well in few areas.. kindly help me how to proceed further..

Regards
    Ram

2. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

Unfortunately, the Sybex book is the only book I know of for Security+, at least that's the way things were when I looked at studying for that cert.

There are a lot of security related resources on the web such as forums dedicated to different aspects of security, and you can find books on different aspects of security in online resources such as Safari Online. It's just that there aren't many resources directly related to Security+ that I know of. It's one of those certs that's a mile wide and an inch deep as far as content goes so there isn't much written for it.

If you really want a useful security related certification look into the certs at giac.org that are sponsored by SANS. They are expensive and take a lot of effort to pass, but you will learn a lot, and they are generally very well thought of out in the real world by employers. If I were to do a security certification, I'd put the time, effort, and money into one of these as I could see payback coming from it.

To tell the truth, I can't see anything of value coming from getting a Security+.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  3. doingwell

doingwell Bit Poster

I think you may need to get some practice exams. I used practice exams and found they were useful.:)

4. chennai_icecube79

chennai_icecube79 New Member

thanks a lot for both

5. certexpert

certexpert Bit Poster

Good luck to you!