Security certificates and firefox

Discussion in 'Software' started by zxspectrum, Jul 13, 2015.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Hey all

Just wondering if anyone has a way or knows of someone who has had issues with trying to install certificates on firefox.

We have changed our web filter over to Sophos from Bloxx. When I connect with Internet Explorer there is no issue as we set this up via group policy. One thing we cant seem to do is make firefox keep the certificate we have installed. Every time we install the certificate it will work, when we restart the machine we are finding that it wont hold on to the certificate and we have to add it again.

Has anyone had an issue like this ????

Thanks for any help
    Eddie

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Same user each time mate? Could be a profile issue perhaps..

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Hey Sparky

No its all users, even myself. Internet Explorer is fine. I can install the certificate manually but then after the machine reboots it will wipe all traces or just not hold on to the info and then we have to add it again. I have seen a third party app which is supposed to let you do this via GP but not really much luck yet?

Thanks

Eddie

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  4. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

Stab in the dark - but you never know.

There's a GPO setting named Configure root certificate clean up

May be worth seeing if that's enabled? even if it is, i'm not 100% wether or not it'd target certificates you've installed by yourself.

Other option i guess would be to distribute the certificate you need through GPO also? or at least test on a few machines and see if doing so via gpo works better than installing it manually.

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Perhaps detach a PC from the domain and install the cert - reboot and log on again to see if the cert is still there. If all is good then it looks like a GPO\script or some other issue on the domain that is causing the drama : )

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs