Secondment

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Fergal1982, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

well, i started my secondment through with the application development team this week. its all been quite exciting.

My brief is to develop a webapp (using a combination of asp, html, vbscript and javascript) to create an admin module for some of their homebuilt apps. So ive spent this week learning how to do web design with asp, etc since ive never done it before. ive got the basic layout down now. So its down to the technical aspects. its doing a variety of things (and ive only coded the query window so far), including querying the DB, and AD for various pieces of information and displaying it back to the user. ive coded in an authentication system so only members of a set group can use it.

End of week one, and i already have loads of plans. how do i fit it all into 6 weeks? all in all im really enjoying it so far.

So heres proof that if you ask your manager you can get on the job training in other areas.

Fergal

EDIT: that reminds me. and photoshop monkeys out there able to make me up and icon to use in a small button? i was wanting an image of a couple of cogs, but cant find any decent ones online.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Good stuff Fergal, it sounds very interesting. Good luck with the rest of your assignment.

Pete

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Fergal,

Sorry, i am rubbish with graphics and don't have Photoshop.

Good luck with the rest of your work, glad you are enjoying it. :)

Si

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT