second shot voucher? wont validate??

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by olly, Jan 18, 2010.

1. olly

olly Bit Poster

just trying to book my 70-271 exam (prometric) but when i put my Second Shot voucher in and press Validate no notice comes up telling me its validated i just get sent back to the payment page, is this what normally what happens, i would have expected some kind of confirmation before you pay, or should i just trust that it has been accepted?

thank you.

2. beaumontdvd

beaumontdvd Kilobyte Poster

Hi, did you sign up for the second chance offer and get the voucher emailed to you, also I believe that you pay for the first exam then when you do the exam, and you dont pass you can then take it free for a second chance. Using the voucher provided so why would you need to pay when using the second chance offer?

Regards,
    Dave

Certifications: 070-271, 070-272, (MCDST)Level 1,2,3 NVQ
    WIP: 070-270, A+, N+, S+,MCDST 7 Upgrade
  3. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

You register the voucher when sitting the first pass at the exam. If you fail, you are then entitled to rebook for free.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  4. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Correct. There's no confirmation on prometric's site. Just check your receipt (or associated paperwork/history on the site) and make sure that the second shot voucher code is there.

If you fail the exam, then you get another go at no additional cost.

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  5. olly

olly Bit Poster

thanks Qs