Searching for tips are good practice exams

Discussion in 'Network+' started by cjfam2003, May 18, 2014.

1. cjfam2003

cjfam2003 New Member

Hello everyone I'm new to this site and this is my first post! I'm currently a student and looking to pass my Net+. I will be done with my class this week and my school has me on a basic program (A+, net+ sec+). I will be new to the field so this is something totally new for me. I didn't do a good job on the A+. I studied, read the book, took many different practice exams, Crammaster etc. Went to take my test with my chest out and a S on it, and it was quickly deflated with less confidence :( smh. After seeing my first 5 question I started to panic and I thought :eek:...what did I get myself into??? I'm going to try and start with the Net+, Sec+ then do the A+ again. Is there any good way to go, I have a few friends told me about pass4sure.com... Does anyone know how good they are. I read the reviews and the complaints weren't to good.

2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

What you're asking about is something called brain dumping, basically taking the answers and memorising them, does you no good because if you only pass the exam that way how can you expect to actually do the work you're supposed to have passed the exam for?

My advice, study harder and learn the things you were short on the last attempt of the A+. If you can't pass the A+ or N+ without cheating then I would also question if you're really ready for a position in the IT Industry.

Sorry to be harsh but interviewing people with certifications but they only actually dumped the exam is a waste of my time and yours because I sure as hell wouldn't be hiring you if you aren't up for passing my interviews.

Final thing, learn the subject matter, don't cheat.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
    dmarsh and cjfam2003 like this.
  3. cjfam2003

cjfam2003 New Member

Thank you for your reply. Hey constructive criticism is welcomed, that's what I signed for. Well I didn't actually know it was cheating. So many times I go on website's and they have practice exam's listed. I'm not in the field are work in an office setting dealing with computer's yet. Didn't do to bad the first go round since this is a new field for me and I'm pretty good at testing. Just fell short of this exam. I'm getting in this field to start at the bottom and work my way up. If that is a short cut I had no idea it was leading in that direction since some of the school's also offer practice exam's also. In the field I'm in I would also question a beginner fresh out of school about their skills. I would also remember that it's no way they could learn everything in school, so on the job training is offered.