scrolling text over fixed background image

Discussion in 'Web Development & Web Hosting' started by sirdragon, Nov 29, 2003.

1. sirdragon

sirdragon Nibble Poster

Hi Guys

I am trying to set up a website where the background image stays fixed, and all the text can be scrolled over it by the user. I know I have seen this effect done by javascript but cannot for the life of me remember how.

any ideas

martin
    [email protected]

2. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Hi sirdragon

Welcome back. You dont need any javascript, it can be done with HTML. In the page that you wish to include the backround image use these tags inside the opening body tag.
    [code:1:d2a3f973b2]bgproperties="fixed" background="IMAGELOCATION"[/code:1:d2a3f973b2]
    obviously change the text IMAGELOCATION to point to your background image.

It should look something like this unless you have other embedded tags in the body:
    [code:1:d2a3f973b2]<body bgproperties="fixed" background="/images/background.jpg">[/code:1:d2a3f973b2]

HTH

SimonV
    :D

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
    Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  3. sirdragon

sirdragon Nibble Poster

:lol:

cheers SimonV sort of worked it out, aint books wonderful

:(

bloody comp keeps crashing but then its old...

not as much time as i would like to work on course as i am working overtime too much at the moment which is a pain.

maybe u can help with this one

trying to set up a template that has a table with one cell that can only be extended down the page as content is added, regardless of formatting.
    can get it to work with layers
    but as not all users can use layers prefer to cover larger range of users.

tried setting width to both % of open frame and set pixels but it just keeps on the one line. will go down if I return the text. but thats not the effect i am looking for.

any ideas

cheers Martin

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2015
  4. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

I'm not 100% sure what your asking Martin, if you could explain a little more or maybe post the HTML that you have so far then I'll try and help you out.

PS. when you post the HTML use the "code" markers in the message posting options of the forum otherwise it may not come out right.

[code:1:b018275d79]it will look like this when you've used the code markers and you use them like this:

[code]text [/code] [/code:1:b018275d79]

SimonV
    :D

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
    Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...