Scoring/Pass Score?

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by Seb Spiers, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Seb Spiers

Seb Spiers Bit Poster

Hi,

I'm taking my 70-270 and 70-620 this week (Thursday) and I've been doing practice exams from the MS Readiness Review software. I get over 80% which I'm told is a pass, but I only take 45 questions. Im wondering how many questions are actually in the real exams and how are they scored?

Certifications: MCP
    WIP: MCSA
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

There is no fixed amount of questions on Microsoft exams. The passing score is 700 out of ??? <unknown>, alot of people will say 1000, however if you do a search, some people are reporting scores of over 1000.

For ease, alot of people including myself, will say the 700 equates to 70&#37; - however do not take it as set in stone.

Exam is score as a pass/fail, it's unknown how MS actually scores their exams, but it's a safe bet to say that not all questions are weighted equally (eg a hard question scores more points than an easy one).

Hope this helps

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Seb Spiers

Seb Spiers Bit Poster

So I should be feeling quite confident averaging 80% in my practices then?

Certifications: MCP
    WIP: MCSA
  4. nicolinux

nicolinux Byte Poster

Yes !
    I never got more than 75% in those practices test

Certifications: mcse win2k3, mcts x4. mcitp enterprise admin
    WIP: 70-680
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

One thing that I would say, don't not get too relaxed about the scores on your practice exams. I was getting 85% on my practice exams (Transcender) and I failed my Exchange 2k3 exam (granted, I wasn't in the mood for the exam).

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. philbenson

philbenson Byte Poster

When I took the 620 exam back in October I think it was, there were 55 questions and the time allowed 2 hours.

The questions in the 620 exam are very short and concise with no mention about being the network administrator in your company or Active Directory domains etc. All I got were short and to the point and no simulations or drag and drop for that matter.

However as we all know there are no hard rules for Microsoft exams and so your exam may well be different. Whatever the case I wish you every success with both!

Certifications: MCP, MCP+I, MCSE, MCSA, MCTS
    WIP: CCNA(?)
  7. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Phil. Be careful there. Your post is very nearly, if not actually, a breach of your NDA with MS.

The thing with practice exams, is that once you have seen the question once, every time it appears in your tests in future, it doesnt give you an accurate measure of your knowledge, since you have simply learned the answer to that question.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present