scheidegger/skills train merge?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by billyd1983, Feb 5, 2011.

1. billyd1983

billyd1983 New Member

Can anyone tell me if scheidegger training is now just skills train? I stopped doing my course for a while when i was in full time work, and now i cant find any contact for them, just some people saying they are just skills train, can anyone confirm this?

Slightly worried now as ive had no contact for a long time, didnt think anything of it at the time as my job was going really well, but ive decided to give it another go and I cant get in touch with anyone about it.

Any information would be greatly appreciated, I apologise if ive put this post in the wrong place, I had a long look in the forum but didnt see anything that answered my questions, sorry if i missed that.

thanks

billy d

2. TheITCrowd

TheITCrowd Kilobyte Poster

Hi Mate,

I did some digging and found this review you may want to read as it has some relevant info:

http://www.ciao.co.uk/Scheidegger__Review_5421452

It appears that Metropolitan International Schools Ltd trade as Skillstrain and Scheidegger. Looks like they are just using the Skills Train name now.

Certifications: Network + |CCNA |MCTS-70-680,MCTS-70-401, MCTS-70-656, MCTS-70-351 |HP AIS ProCurve Networking -2011 | HP2-896 |VCD-CP27|JNCIA |Hewlett Packard ASE - Network Infrastructure (2011)
    WIP: 642-813
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I thought they had gone out business or was it one of those other rip off places?

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

They dropped the scheidegger part of the business after a wave of bad publicity and have only traded as Skills Train for several years now. But yes, they are the same people. I believe they are also behind Train2Game and Train4Trades amongst others.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  5. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Wouldn't ringing them be a sensible idea?

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  6. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

You'd think so, but I wouldn't bother.

The OP has admitted that he took a break from the course because of work commitments. They'll have some kind of time-out clause in their contract. They'll say he only had X years to complete the course and that he didn't notify them that he wanted to take a break.

Legally he'll be on very thin ice, well, no ice at all actually. It's one of those experiences that you have to chalk up to... er... experience. :oops:

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  7. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

They are all owened by a guy called Jan Telensky, MIS is the parent company and the rest are like child companies. Scheidegger is the original company that made Jan's fortune but it got a bad name so is no longer used much.

Theres pretty mixed reviews on the other companies as well...

Read the small print in your contract, chances are as Jonny says, you won't have a leg to stand on.

8. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

This might be a little harsh but as you probably paid several thousands of £££ to do this course why leave it so long to finish the course? Did you ring them to find out the in's and out's of taking a break from doing the course? I would of thought if the parent company is still around then possibly you could still take up from where you left off if it was a short period of time that went by. Unfortunately I agree with the guys this time will probably of lapsed and you will be out of luck. Still it's worth ringing them.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011